Reed Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

irascible51

Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
Northern New York
Hello all,

My reed switch does not respond. Dish won't move past one click (Titanium ASC-1). I have a new reed switch on order but where do I shop for another round magnet. The switch will close with a external magnet (a mechanic inspector) when close proximative. Perhaps weak magnet.

Best regards,

Robert P.

Hello all,

My reed switch does not respond. Dish won't move past one click (Titanium ASC-1). I have a new reed switch on order but where do I shop for another round magnet. The switch will close with a external magnet (a mechanic inspector) when close proximative. Perhaps weak magnet.

Best regards,

Robert P.
Post a picture of the sensor wheel and motor. We might recognize it. The magnet wheel on some will not work upside down.

I agree with Titanium. I doubt you have a "bad" magnet. It is either the switch or something else in the circuit you are missing.
Post up some pictures, so we can see what you have.

Doubt the magnet needs replacing. Typically the reed switch is magnetized and fails. The only time I've replaced a magnet is when a magnet falls of a wheel and is lost.
Doubt the magnet needs replacing. Typically the reed switch is magnetized and fails. The only time I've replaced a magnet is when a magnet falls of a wheel and is lost.
Thanks Brian and Michael,

The only thing the magnet could have changed would it have failed due to my turning it around (causes it activates....closes when exposed to a separate magnet). I'll get my wife out to the dish with her smart phone for a photo. There is no adjustment available to move the switch closer and/or distanter more. It's soldered solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)