Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpaethCo

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 7, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
If you sign up under the refer-a-friend program and the person who referred you cancels their service before the 10 months of credits are up, do you still get the remaining $10 credits?

Scenario: The person who referred my friend 5 months ago is now going to cancel. Will my friend stop receiving the $10 credits early because the person who referred him canceled, or will DirecTV pay out the remaining months according to plan?

The customer who signed up under the referal program should not be penalized, if the origional customer cancels their account.

The only time I believe credits are not issued is to the customer who referred the new customer if the new customer does not stay active 30 days.

I see no reason for the person that signed up withthe Refer a Friend plan to NOT continue getting his credits, there nothing saying the other person has to keep it as well.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

It is a good question!

Retailers do get charged back the sales commission & installation fee if the new Directv customer cancels. Even if they die they are expected to pay. Nobody said they were free to die if they had a two year comittment.

Interesting question!

Joe

you dont get penalized

When I signed up, I was referred by my sister. Well about 2 months after I got installed she disconnected (not by her choice if you get my drift) yet my credit still shows on the bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)