Regional Sport channel question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok, so I finally did what I should have done a couple years ago... I sent a message to the FCC asking why they prohibit Dish Network, and only Dish Network, from providing me with this channel. I explained to them that this does not seem fair that they allow DirecTV and Mediacom to offer this channel to my zip code but not Dish Network.

If they respond, they are most likely going to say that Dish Network is lying to me... giving me an official statement from the FCC to use whenever I am fighting with Dish Network over the early termination fee.

You think RSN's are messed up I was watching the Indians at Yankees game today on STOHD(Sports Time Ohio) and during a break in the game I channel surfed over to TBS and they had the same game. However it was blacked out to the OHIO area. Does that make since? I could see it if the game was in Cleveland (two hours away) but not in New York. Can someone explain it to me?:confused:

That's easy! Sports Time Ohio had the OHIO broadcast rights to the game and TBS did not therefore it was blacked out on TBS.

You think RSN's are messed up I was watching the Indians at Yankees game today on STOHD(Sports Time Ohio) and during a break in the game I channel surfed over to TBS and they had the same game. However it was blacked out to the OHIO area. Does that make since? I could see it if the game was in Cleveland (two hours away) but not in New York. Can someone explain it to me?:confused:

That's easy! Sports Time Ohio had the OHIO broadcast rights to the game and TBS did not therefore it was blacked out on TBS.

Correct. It doesn't matter where the game is played. TBS will never show a Reds or Indians game in your area.

I am a Braves fan in Nashville, and it still seems weird that I will never see a regular season Braves game on TBS ever again, considering that network is a major reason I became a Braves fan to begin with.

Sweet Victory! 4 days after the FCC complaint I finally have my channel. So sad that I had to go through all of this. It could have been much easier if they would have just listened to me.

Sweet Victory! 4 days after the FCC complaint I finally have my channel. So sad that I had to go through all of this. It could have been much easier if they would have just listened to me.
I wonder if I could do the same for them not carrying my local ch9 wwor not in HD?

How about those Yankees today. :D

I wonder if I could do the same for them not carrying my local ch9 wwor not in HD?

How about those Yankees today. :D

I do not know your situation there. In my case Dish Network has been telling me for years that I could not have channel 437 (SportSouth) because of FCC regulations, even after showing them that directv and my local cable provider offer the same channel to my zip code.

Finally I had to call them on their bluff and complained to the FCC, asking them why they allow every provider but Dish Network to offer me this channel.

I was pretty confident doing this because I knew Dish Network was wrongly pointing a finger at the FCC for a problem in their own network. Either it was going to help me get me out of my contract so I could switch to DirecTV, or shame Dish Network into fixing the problem.

congrats on getting your channel. From the map you provided it sounded like a Dish zip code glitch :)
(kinda weird to see someone from Hendersonville on the board. Got relatives there) :)

How does Dish determine what areas to offer regional sport channels to?

The answer is not as easy as you would think. I have been trying to get channel 437 (sportsouth) for over a year now with no luck. My local cable company provides it here. DirectTv provides it here (channel 649). Dish Network refuses.

The only answer I get from customer service is that "It is not available in your area". When explaining that everybody else in my area offers it, I get the standard form answer about regional networks only being available in certain areas.

I can't even get customer service to direct me to somebody who can do something about it. Its like the higher ups do not want to be bothered with regional network questions.

Any suggestions? The Braves have 105 games on SportSouth this year, and it is not even offered on the MultiSport addon.

Edit: I've been playing with THIS FORM and found that the high school 3 miles down the road (different zip) would be able to get this channel. Why must Dish be so impossible?
Hendersonville has 4 sips. I sued an address in 28739. Dish does offer FoxSS in that city.
Which Zip is yours
28739, 91 92 or 93?
I just tried an addy in 28792 and got the same results.
Are you sure you're doing this right?
I am willing to wager that all 4 Hendersonville zips are eligible for Fox SS..
In fact I have no idea how you could be a resident of the Carolinas, TN or GA and NOT be able to get FoxSS.
That channel was developed specifically for "southern region sports"

Hendersonville has 4 sips. I sued an address in 28739. Dish does offer FoxSS in that city.
Which Zip is yours
28739, 91 92 or 93?
I just tried an addy in 28792 and got the same results.
Are you sure you're doing this right?
I am willing to wager that all 4 Hendersonville zips are eligible for Fox SS..
In fact I have no idea how you could be a resident of the Carolinas, TN or GA and NOT be able to get FoxSS.
That channel was developed specifically for "southern region sports"

I actually live in Mills River (28759). Nobody knows where that is at, so I usually say I am from Hendersonville.

I got the channel today, so all is good now.

I've resorted to making an ass of myself. I sent an email to just about every echostar email address I can find with information I have gathered the past week:

A list of 15 zip codes surrounding me that gets this RSN (channel 437). All of these zip codes are in a 8 mile radius of mine. I got this info from dishnetwork.com.

A link to DirecTV showing that they offer this channel to my zip code.

A link showing that MediaCom offers it to my zip code.

If the issue is not resolved in a week I am going to switch to DirecTV. I refuse to pretend like I am moving to get a channel I am supposed to get anyway.

I've been a long time customer of Dish Network and have been happy for the most part. This problem started a couple years ago when our zip code changed, and I have been fighting with them ever since.
"ZIp code changed"..And that's the problem right there. Your zip code is not in the necessary databases.
For example. I live in a town east of Charlotte. The town has two zips One for residents one county and one for the residents in a neighboring county. The zip I live in is not in MLB.tv's list at all. So I have no blackouts on mlb.tv.
weird.
That zip code change..Does Dish send you a bill via mail? If so, i see no reason why their data base does not recognize that zip code. Obviously the folks that own FoxSS do just that. Otherwise no tv provider would offer the service to folks in that zip. Something is very f'ed up here. Why don't you just change your zip code on your service address with Dish. Keep the same town but simply change the zip. You'd be "moving" but not moving. Get it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)