Regional Sports Fee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richfunb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I just received my first bill with the new Regional Sports Fee of $1.82. I'm aware that this new fee may be added to the bill if you have more than one regional sports network in your area, which I do. Although it's a small additional fee, I don't watch either of these Regional Sports Networks and called DirecTv to try to cancel them. I was told that you are not allowed to cancel your local Regional Sports Networks and that I would have to continue paying the fee. Has anyone else ever tried to cancel your local Regional Sports Networks? Does it seem fair that I'm forced to pay an additional fee for something I don't want? Any comments would be appreciated.

I do understand why many don't want the fee. To me it's just like the higher rates some packages have to carry for Channels we don't watch. They are just trying to charge the people in that market and not every Directv customer. I know many will disagree but as an example I have to pay for a school referendum in my property taxes. Meanwhile my kids go to a private school I pay for.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That's the down side of having tiers of channels. If you chose only the ones you wanted, the cost would be higher.

At first I was really excited thinking that D* had finally agreed to terms with Comcast for CSN Philly, but then I quickly realized that the charges included February and when I tried at the end of February I was still blacked out of the Flyers game. So I am paying extra to have sports channels for NY teams that couldn't care less about and yet the city I am from and still live very close to, I still do not get the LOCAL sports channel (CSN Philly). This just adds insult to injury.

In response to Raoul, the problem here is that I am paying for the tier I want, plus an extra fee for one channel within the tier. It's as if you pay a fee for a tier, plus an extra fee for say the USA Network. Then when you try to cancel the USA Network you are told you can't. I'm not aware of any other add on fee that you cannot cancel.

Of course, DirecTV could just increase the price for the entire tier, but for some reason they don't want to do that. So, in order to keep my tier, I must pay extra for a channel I don't want.

I just noticed my new bill that my 2 RSNs increased from $2 to $3. My overall bill is $5 more. Did I miss something on a notice of a price increase? I usually pay attention to such things and can't recall any notice!!! Can anyone enlighten me? Paul

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)