Regional Sports Network Atlanta Braves

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Senoia, Georgia
I live in Senoia, Ga. 30276. The Braves are playing on local 17 in SD and they are in HD on 94. If I tune in channel 94 it says "program is not available in your area". Why not? I'm not a Braves fan and I could care less about Atlanta games but I thought I was suppose to get regional games. Does anyone know?

Many of the RSN HDs are only being broadcast to the metro area of the team. FSN AZ HD is available in Phoenix, but not Tucson. Some have speculated it to be a spot beam issue. The RSNs are currently beamed using the local spot beams of the teams. When the new sat is online, this changes. Again...speculation, but once the room is available on the new sats, the HD RSNs will be moved to conus and the games will then be available to the areas outside of the metros...

Senoia is in Coweta County, which is in the Atlanta DMA (Coweta borders Atlanta's home county, Fulton County, on the southwest); by definition, he should be able to receive those games.

I live in southern Cobb County (which borders Fulton on the west and northwest - matter of fact, I'm about a mile and a half from the Atlanta city limits), but I won't have my HR20 until the 23rd, so I can't give you a better handle on it.

To answer the question: The HD feed on channel 96 was blacked out because TBS had the rights to show the game locally. The black-out rule thus took effect! TBS no longer show the games in HD. Normally when TBS is not showing the game SportSouth or FSN South will carry the HD feed on channel 96! Channel 96 is not a GA RSN feed!

...TBS no longer show the games in HD. Normally when TBS is not showing the game SportSouth or FSN South will carry the HD feed on channel 96! Channel 96 is not a GA RSN feed!

I do not currently get the HD feed for Atlanta games (in regional, not in DMA) so I can't comment on HD reception/limits...but how long has TBS not been showing Braves games in HD? I used to have Comcast for some digital/HD programming and they have a "special events" channel (appropriately named "BravesHD") in their lineup here in the Charleston area that shows the HD version of all the Braves home games, regardless of whether it is TBS, SS, or FSNSouth. As of the last time I had that service/channel some time last season, TBS was still doing HD for home Braves games. Road games were not on that channel so I am not sure if they were or could have been piggybacking off the other teams HD feed or not.

But the big questions is since TBS will be sharing the postseason with FOX this year, they will be showing THOSE games in HD, right? And by then, D10 should be online and blasting to the world and we should all see the games (even if they won't necessarily be Braves game) because TBS is one of the announced HD channels to go online, and TBS is a CONUS/SuperStation channel.

Here in Charlotte I have seen the Braves on HD if the game is on SS or FSN..I would bet that the feed they had on HD last nite would have been from which ever RSN the Phillies are shown on.

Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)