Regional Sports Update

Dugan5468

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Columbiana, Ohio
Just checking to see if there has been any movement on settling with the regional sports channels. I am missing my Pens on ATT SportsNet.......

Dugan

Just checking to see if there has been any movement on settling with the regional sports channels. I am missing my Pens on ATT SportsNet.......

Dugan
There is almost no way the RSNs are coming back, Dish is making increased profits by getting rid of them without lowering prices and not that much loss of subscribers.

YTTV became profitable when then got rid of them, did not lower prices and they are gaining subs ( not many Live TV providers are gaining ) without the channels.

If you can only get satellite, DirecTV is your only option for the RSNs, but watch out for that second year increase, it is a doozy.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
They won't come back until people switch to better providers....then Dish is dead and you'll be switching to a better provider that gives people what they want to pay for without their bill staying the same when they drop channels that they want.

They won't come back until people switch to better providers....then Dish is dead and you'll be switching to a better provider that gives people what they want to pay for without their bill staying the same when they drop channels that they want.
According to you Dish should have been bankrupt back in 2019. And I'd like to know about this better provider that you talk about. Spectrum here raises their rates at least three times a year and Directv had a much larger rate increase than Dish did. Plus I got to pay Directv almost $8 for a regional sports network that they own.

There is almost no way the RSNs are coming back, Dish is making increased profits by getting rid of them without lowering prices and not that much loss of subscribers.

YTTV became profitable when then got rid of them, did not lower prices and they are gaining subs ( not many Live TV providers are gaining ) without the channels.
well if the RSN's plan of selling OTT happens. All of the cable systems and direct may drop them unless they are allowd to be sold as add on channels and then dish may add them back.

well if the RSN's plan of selling OTT happens. All of the cable systems and direct may drop them unless they are allowd to be sold as add on channels and then dish may add them back.
At the price they plan on charging ( in the $20’s), they are not going to find many takers.

Sports on RSNs do not get good ratings, it gets a dedicated audience and that is why advertisers flock to it.

Even the NFL, the most popular sport in the U.S. was only getting under 20 million for the national games, the biggest sporting event of the year, the Super Bowl received 112.3 million viewers, which is still only a third of the population( 331,893,745), that means over 200 million was not watching it.

We were binge watching season 6 of the Expanse when it was on.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Even the NFL, the most popular sport in the U.S. was only getting under 20 million for the national games, the biggest sporting event of the year, the Super Bowl received 112.3 million viewers, which is still only a third of the population( 331,893,745), that means over 200 million was not watching it.
Such as myself. The Super Bowl is WWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY OVERRATED....

At the price they plan on charging ( in the $20’s), they are not going to find many takers.

Sports on RSNs do not get good ratings, it gets a dedicated audience and that is why advertisers flock to it.

Only a third of the population ... streamed it ?
Thats amazing, seeing it was available everywhere else as well ... now if it was on Streaming only, it would have been larger for those that are interested in the SB.

Many people that did not watch the SB didn't have thier team in it, so it wasn't as attractive.

Yeah for me I don't give a dam about Sports,. I'm pissed enough that I have to pay for ESPN, that I never watch. So why should I pay extra for RSN if I only watch sports occasionally at most.

Thats amazing, seeing it was available everywhere else as well ... now if it was on Streaming only, it would have been larger for those that are interested in the SB.

Many people that did not watch the SB didn't have thier team in it, so it wasn't as attractive.
112.3 Million watched the Super Bowl. That included streaming as well as broadcast.

Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?

I think Bruce was wondering where the “streamed it” came from, not the 1/3 part.

Again, where did I say 70% streamed it?

I think Bruce was wondering where the “streamed it” came from, not the 1/3 part.
He knows that, for some reason he is trolling me because of the shift to streaming.

He knows that, for some reason he is trolling me because of the shift to streaming.
I think he is trying to tell you the vast majority of viewers don't stream..The audience that would be willing to pay premuium prices for sunday ticket is very small. The interest is not main stream..very niche

I think he is trying to tell you the vast majority of viewers don't stream..The audience that would be willing to pay premuium prices for sunday ticket is very small. The interest is not main stream..very niche

Only 28% of view time is dedicated to traditional TV, 68% go to streaming.

(Source: Forbes)

There could be a number of different reasons for this phenomenon, like more channels to choose from or cheaper prices.However, US adults agree that streaming is more entertaining than traditional cable TV, according to pay-TV subscribers statistics.

Only 28% of view time is dedicated to traditional TV, 68% go to streaming.

(Source: Forbes)

There could be a number of different reasons for this phenomenon, like more channels to choose from or cheaper prices.However, US adults agree that streaming is more entertaining than traditional cable TV, according to pay-TV subscribers statistics.

Thats not the NFL..most people are interested in their local team on their local station..for at most 1 day a week for maybe 3 hours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)