Reid names Vick starting QB for the Eagles

If Reid and the Eagles think Vick is going to have a better season than Kolb would have had, you can respect their expertise. But that isn't what this year was supposed to be about. This was going to be an inflection point for the franchise, a transition season - and everyone's expectations were tempered accordingly.

But, well, so much for transitions and for temperance. Just win, Andy. Just win.

They just spent the offseason turning the historical page from McNabb to Kolb. In that one, Reid began the process with a very lawyerly statement saying McNabb was his guy, only to have to flip-flop later on. He obviously has stopped caring about contradicting himself in public.

Anyway, they spent months building up Kolb as a worthy successor to the player who was the face of the franchise for the last decade. Now, stunningly, after one game against the Detroit Lions, they have fallen in love with somebody else. With that, the face of the franchise is now Reid's two faces. What are any of us to believe anymore?

Well said :up

Rich Hofmann: Quarterback move puts Reid on the hot seat | Philadelphia Daily News | 09/22/2010

Unless Reid is seeing something more in practice from Kolb, I think Kold should get another start, but I guess that is for not now, lets see what Vick can do against other teams other then the Lions

According to Hemi, Kolb sucks, so there is no way the Eagles would get anywhere near as high as a 2nd round pick for him. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows I think HIGHLY of Vick as a QB(not the person, but the QB). IF the Eagles want to win NOW and think they can possibly create some noise and trouble for everyone else in the NFC East, then this was the move they HAD TO make. He brings more to the table right now....AND that offensive line, from what I have read, is not very good or is very young...either way you look at it, whomever is the QB, he will be running for his life....alot. So with that being said, Kolb is a a stiff. Vick is not. You add that Vick looks about as close as he did to before his criminal issues...and you can see why Reid and the Eagles went this route.

He's not even in the TOP 15 QB's in the league, IF he was he would have STARTED the season as a Starter.
13th in Passing, Not bad for a 1 1/2 games.

Also 13 in Rushing , Not bad again for a Guy who isn't a running back.

NFL Stats: by Player Category

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...rience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Wow and 8th in total yards, Again good for only playing 6 quarters when everyone else played 8.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...rience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

So that 3 things he's in the top 15 for.
Not to mention a passer rating of 105.5

And thats him not starting the season as a starter.

Where is Kolb Stats, Ok thats right 24 yards, wow impressive.!

Last edited:
Everyone knows I think HIGHLY of Vick as a QB(not the person, but the QB). IF the Eagles want to win NOW and think they can possibly create some noise and trouble for everyone else in the NFC East, then this was the move they HAD TO make. He brings more to the table right now....AND that offensive line, from what I have read, is not very good or is very young...either way you look at it, whomever is the QB, he will be running for his life....alot. So with that being said, Kolb is a a stiff. Vick is not. You add that Vick looks about as close as he did to before his criminal issues...and you can see why Reid and the Eagles went this route.
I agree, it's just that Reid has a history of proclaiming his support for his QBs and then pulling the rug out from under them. The quick flip-flop makes you wonder if the decision to start Vick came from someone higher up....

I agree, it's just that Reid has a history of proclaiming his support for his QBs and then pulling the rug out from under them. The quick flip-flop makes you wonder if the decision to start Vick came from someone higher up....
Back up that statement.

Who was Starting Quarter back from 1999-2009 for the Eagles?
And how many is that.?

Well, if the decision did come from up above....I think they may think it is NOT a rebuilding year and they think they can compete. And the ONLY way that will happen is if Vick is the QB.

Like I said, this QB issue in Philly is way beyond a normal, run-of-the-mile QB controversy.

Wow and 8th in total yards, Again good for only playing 6 quarters when everyone else played 8.

Let's see:

Vick plays a half against GB who had already built a nice lead and probably didn't have a fully prepared game plan against him.

He barely beats the Lions who have won only 2 of their last 35 games (sorry Lions fans).

Yep, I'm sold!! :eek:

The porous offensive line is the problem. What is it, 11 sacks allowed so far, plus a lot more QB Hits and hurries?? Vick obviously has the better mobility to get out of trouble. Maybe Reid is doing Kolb a huge favor and saving his career until he can fix the O-line... :)

Let's see:

Vick plays a half against GB who had already built a nice lead and probably didn't have a fully prepared game plan against him.

He barely beats the Lions who have won only 2 of their last 35 games (sorry Lions fans).

Yep, I'm sold!! :eek:

The porous offensive line is the problem. What is it, 11 sacks allowed so far, plus a lot more QB Hits and hurries?? Vick obviously has the better mobility to get out of trouble. Maybe Reid is doing Kolb a huge favor and saving his career until he can fix the O-line... :)
So you have no proof. Just as I thought. Offensive line is a whole other topic , were talking about Michael Vick.

Also Detroit isn't what you think they are this year either. IMHO they had Chicago beat. Lions are no slouch.

Back up that statement.

Who was Starting Quarter back from 1999-2009 for the Eagles?
And how many is that.?
Eagles starting QBs 1999-2009

1999 Doug Pederson (2-7), Donovan McNabb (2-4), K.Detmer (1-0)
2000 McNabb (11-5)
2001 McNabb (11-5)
2002 McNabb (7-3), A.J. Feeley (4-1), K.Detmer (1-0)
2003 McNabb (12-4)
2004 McNabb (13-2), K.Detmer (0-1)
2005 McNabb (4-5), Mike McMahon (2-5)
2006 McNabb (5-5), Jeff Garcia (5-1)
2007 McNabb (8-6), A.J. Feeley (0-2)
2008 McNabb (9-6-1)
2009 McNabb (10-4), Kolb (1-1)

Eagles starting QBs 1999-2009

1999 Doug Pederson (2-7), Donovan McNabb (2-4), K.Detmer (1-0)
2000 McNabb (11-5)
2001 McNabb (11-5)
2002 McNabb (7-3), A.J. Feeley (4-1), K.Detmer (1-0)
2003 McNabb (12-4)
2004 McNabb (13-2), K.Detmer (0-1)
2005 McNabb (4-5), Mike McMahon (2-5)
2006 McNabb (5-5), Jeff Garcia (5-1)
2007 McNabb (8-6), A.J. Feeley (0-2)
2008 McNabb (9-6-1)
2009 McNabb (10-4), Kolb (1-1)
So this cleary doesn't back up the statement you made about Andy Reid switching quarterbacks.

Injuries, well someone has to be quarterback. McNabb ccouldn't play when he was hurt.

So you have no proof. Just as I thought. Offensive line is a whole other topic , were talking about Michael Vick.

Also Detroit isn't what you think they are this year either. IMHO they had Chicago beat. Lions are no slouch.
Hey, look!! I found proof, and it looks like I was right!!

Team sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio that in the early-morning hours on Monday, Reid, general manager Howie Roseman and the rest of the Eagles coaching staff and front office started going through the game film of Sunday's win in Detroit and saw the severity of the problems facing the Eagles offensive line.

The film study showed that Vick, who was sacked six times, was under constant duress because backup center Mike McGlynn had difficulty recognizing blitzes and then setting the protection. As a whole, the offensive line did not play well, and Reid realized then that Vick, with his mobility, would be a better fit to start rather than Kolb. There also was a concern that the offensive line's play was so poor that Kolb would be exposed to another concussion, sources told Paolantonio.

Michael Vick named Philadelphia Eagles' starting QB - ESPN

Heeeyyyyy....that's what I said too!

See:

He brings more to the table right now....AND that offensive line, from what I have read, is not very good or is very young...either way you look at it, whomever is the QB, he will be running for his life....alot. So with that being said, Kolb is a a stiff. Vick is not. You add that Vick looks about as close as he did to before his criminal issues...and you can see why Reid and the Eagles went this route.

post #63

This has nothing to do with what you said ,about how Andy Reid likes and has a History of always switching quarters backs like crazy.

Thats the statement you made, thats the statement you need to back up.

Got nothing to do with the offensive line. Stop trying to turn it into something else.
We know the offensive line is not good, But Vick is doing way better then Kolb was with it.

, it's just that Reid has a history of proclaiming his support for his QBs and then pulling the rug out from under them. ....
This is what you need to back up!.

10 years with McNabb is not pulling the rug out.

Its called time for a change, As a coach he has the right to do what he thinks is best. McNabb wasn't working anymore, and anyone who follows the Eagles Knows it was time for a change.

I KNEW I should have said Top 10 :D

It's WAY to early to use those stats to form a real opinion.

What would have happened had Kolb went 8-10 and 150 yard and a TD ?
Kolb played 2 quarters this year and they gave up on him.....

Wait to see how Vick is doing when they have to play a few teams with a D included.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)