neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Reid names Vick starter | Philadelphia Inquirer | 09/21/2010

Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Reid names Vick starter

Andy Reid has named Michael Vick the starting quarterback for this Sunday's game against the Jaguars. (Ron Cortes / Staff Photographer) Eagles coach Andy Reid has named Michael Vick the starting quarterback, the team announced tonight in a stunning reversal. The move appears to be for the season.

An Eagles source said Reid still believes Kevin Kolb can be a high-quality starter, but that Vick was playing too well to be benched. His mobility, in particular, is something the team thinks they need to win now behind a shaky offensive line.

The Eagles leadership was unified in its decision on the starter, according to a front office source.

The decision is a sharp change for Reid, who on Sunday said Kevin Kolb would start Sunday in Jacksonville. Asked then if it would be hard to go back to Kolb given the way Vick played against the Lions, Reid said no.Vick himself said Monday that Kolb would start.

Looking back on Monday's press conference with hindsight, though, it appeared that Reid left the door open that day when asked again about Kolb's status.

"We’ll just see how it all works out," Reid said Monday. "I'm not here to justify one over the other, I’m not doing that. I told you before, I’m very proud of Michael. Michael’s a great player. Michael was one of the all-time great ones in this league at one time and he’s on his way back. I think we were able to see that and I think that’s a great, great thing. Kevin’s future is, he hasn’t had the same experience here as Michael has, but his future is a bright one.”

Asked about getting Vick on the field, Reid said, "Yeah, Michael will be out there. We’ll see how it goes.”

The Eagles have invested three years in grooming Kolb and have touted his potential all off-season, even extending his contract. But Vick's dazzling play in six quarters against the Packers and Lions apparently were enough to change even Reid's mind.

More once Reid's 6:30 conference call begins

Read more: Reid names Vick starter | Philadelphia Inquirer | 09/21/2010
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

I'm feeling sick here .....

A. Reid mentioned in the article above that Micheal Vick is an "All Time Great " ....

Dear God, I'm really sick now.

He might be an all time Good, but he was NEVER GREAT.

He has never been a good passer at ANY time in his career.

I'm feeling sick here .....

A. Reid mentioned in the article above that Micheal Vick is an "All Time Great " ....

Dear God, I'm really sick now.

He might be an all time Good, but he was NEVER GREAT.

3 time Pro Bowl Quarter back. Thats means something.;)
This year will be Number 4.

Nope, not at all.

He's just NOT all your making him out to be.

He's not even in the TOP 15 QB's in the league, IF he was he would have STARTED the season as a Starter.
I'm not making him out to be anything.
But he's good and he's the best our team has.

Your making him out to be a sucky Quarterback.

Thats completly false!.

I'd rather have Vick, then Tony Romo.:up

And he's way over rated.

So whats your gripe with Vick?
Because he's not in the Top 15 of Quarterbacks?
Lets see those stats by the way.

Well he did only play 1 1/2 games.;)

Just because he runs with the ball, doesn't mean he doesn't have a number of completed passes.

If your going to compair him to the Mannings who do nothing but throw the ball, well then yes I guess he's not a good passer.:rolleyes:

Who is your Team?? If its the Raiders, you better just stop talking football.:p:p

I'm not making him out to be anything.
But he's good and he's the best our team has.

Your making him out to be a sucky Quarterback.

Thats completly false!.

I'd rather have Vick, then Tony Romo.:up

And he's way over rated.

So whats your gripe with Vick?
Because he's not in the Top 15 of Quarterbacks?
Lets see those stats by the way.

Well he did only play 1 1/2 games.;)

He's played 1 1/2 games ....
Thats all.

IF he couldn't run, he'd be out of the league for good.
He can't pass if a team stops his running, you'll see that.

Too bad they don't play anyone till week 6 and 7, by then they'll have him playing God.

Just because he runs with the ball, doesn't mean he doesn't have a number of completed passes.

If your going to compair him to the Mannings who do nothing but throw the ball, well then yes I guess he's not a good passer.:rolleyes:

Who is your Team?? If its the Raiders, you better just stop talking football.:p:p

You KNOW who my team is and NO it's NOT the Raiders.

He's played 1 1/2 games ....
Thats all.

IF he couldn't run, he'd be out of the league for good.
He can't pass if a team stops his running, you'll see that.

Too bad they don't play anyone till week 6 and 7, by then they'll have him playing God.

W

This is the only stat that matters for a QB. Reid's quick about-face move verifies it ...

Poor Kolb can't catch a break. The whole reason for trading McNabb was to let him take over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts