Reliable news or weather station

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jntcm

Original poster
Apr 5, 2014
USA
Ok, so ABC News 1 isn't quite what I ordered. Do any satellites have a reliable (i.e: normal) news and/or weather station. Similar to CNN or TWC.. but free? I have a 1 meter dish and a KU LNB, is there anything I can pick up?

Thanks!

For American based news on Ku the closest to reliable is CNBC & MSNBC on the 72W NBC mux. Those are often (but not always) on 2 channels there in SD. 97W has several international news channels in English such as RT, CNC, JN1. It is quite refreshing to get broader news reporting without the slant and story telling that American media pulls. CCTV News in English is also on 95W.

I would try the ones that Joe suggested. Try each one out for a day and move to another until you find one that suits you the best.

To the OP: I know you mentioned having to climb the ladder to align your dish. Is it possible for you to have your dish mounted at ground level? If not, you might find a H-H motor useful for that 1m dish, especially if you find picking one to stay "parked on" a hard decision.

PBS World on 125w (12180 V 30000) has frequent news and documentaries.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)