Remember these?

We could keep this thread going forever . Remember the hype behind this show?[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9XKqE8-s9s]YouTube - Shadow Chasers Promotional Clip 1985[/ame]

From my archives . I remember the hollywood studios going after the VCR . YouTube - RCA Selectivision VCR Commercial

I had a panasonic Top loading Omni-vision VCR that I paid $650.00 for back in 1982 or 83. Lasted till the 90s , when I let my little brother have it and it got struck by a power surge caused by lightening hitting the apartment building he lived in.

Had a movie camera that went with it too. Used to fit right in my tv entertainment center . Couldn't even tell it was recording , when the red light was taped over. Filmed a lot of girls I "dated" back then too. Good thing the tapes fell apart years ago. ;)

By the way I don't even own a vcr anymore and threw all the old vcr tapes away when my old super vhs vcr crapped out. I have had a dvr from DISH since 1999 , when the first web tv/dishplayer pvr came out.

I had a panasonic Top loading Omni-vision VCR that I paid $650.00 for back in 1982 or 83. Lasted till the 90s , when I let my little brother have it and it got struck by a power surge caused by lightening hitting the apartment building he lived in.

Had a movie camera that went with it too. Used to fit right in my tv entertainment center . Couldn't even tell it was recording , when the red light was taped over. Filmed a lot of girls I "dated" back then too. Good thing the tapes fell apart years ago. ;)

By the way I don't even own a vcr anymore and threw all the old vcr tapes away when my old super vhs vcr crapped out. I have had a dvr from DISH since 1999 , when the first web tv/dishplayer pvr came out.

I find many video tapes at lawn sales etc. Most of the time from older people who still have a vcr. I had a guy who is a NFL Official give me his old collection . I have yet to finish it . I also collect old home movies. I started doing this around 1980. I have to transfer them to dvd and some of them are very interesting. Disney World Opening day etc, Here is one .[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Q64At_g2E"]YouTube - Old Navy Home Movie from around 1955[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts