REMINDER: HBO Special Price Ending 9/20

Dish doesn't offer all the cinemax channels
I remember on an old Charlie Chat it was said that the reason for that is because the other Cinemax channels do not offer any unique content, just more repeats of the same movies that are available on the channels that Dish already carries. Have the other Cinemax channels added any unique programming since then?

I would gladly subscribe if a discounted price was available for only the main HBO, Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax. The original series and new movies are always on those main channels. The sub channels provide me no value and probably inflate the monthly price.

Reactions: joegr
From reading this forum, it seems like some people are losing the HBO special price and other people are retaining the $10 per month price.

I received an e-mail a little while back that said this: "Starting on Tue, 10/16/18, HBO 6 Mo ($5 off), Starz 6 Mo (50% Off) will be billed to your account at the regular price."

I was wondering about dropping HBO at the end of my deal (10/30), and I have Amazon Prime as well as well as Dish Anywhere on the Fire TV. I found a ton of movies, many that HBO has and they are available in other sources. Plus under Epix, "The Vault" section, hundreds and hundreds of movies I have not seen in years. Except for a couple shows I watch on HBO, I will not miss it. One streams elsewhere anyway.

My promo price expired last month and now I’m paying $15 per month for HBO. This is the first time in years that I’ve had to pay full price for it. It seems too steep considering what I’ve paid for other premiums such as Netflix, Amazon prime, Showtime, Hulu.

I have tried removing HBO and submitting the changes which previously would prompt for a discount price but these days that’s not happening.

Reactions: pattykay
For those that say they still have the promotional price, I must ask... was it the $10 for life promotion you had or the reduced 6 months that seemed to never end? The reporting was that although all promotions are going to no longer be available, the life one was effectively done 9/20

For those that say they still have the promotional price, I must ask... was it the $10 for life promotion you had or the reduced 6 months that seemed to never end? The reporting was that although all promotions are going to no longer be available, the life one was effectively done 9/20

I was o the deal for life. My last bill from 9/16 shows a $10 charge for HBO for service from 10/2-11/1. Originally told it would go away after 9/20. Maybe that will happen on billing that cuts after 9/20

It was/is the latter, the six month deal. Each time after the six months I was removing HBO and it immediately offered that I could add it back for another six months.
The value is just not there at full price. I will drop it when it ends and wait to add it back for a few months when GOT and West World return.

Reactions: joewhite57

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts