Remote accessability problem, can't access the remote from second room

Earnie Shawn

Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
I have VIP722K DUO DVR.
1st room= receiver is inthe room
2nd room= no receiver in the room
In the 2nd room where tv is accessed without the receiver inthe room. The remote won't work except the volume if somebody is watching tv in the 1st room
But if nobody is watching tv in the 1st room, the remote in the 2nd room work without any problem.
If somebody is watching TV in 1st room if i go to that room/or stand near 2nd room door with 2nd room remote i can flip the channel etc and changes will take effect on 2nd room tv.
I know this is some minor adjustment any help will be appreciate.

I read about the pigtails solution but i don't think thats the problem because whenever tv is off in 1st room the remote works fine in 2nd room without me standing on the bedroom door to flip channel hahaha

Last edited:
Did you check Remote 2 batteries? Ours does what you describe when they are low.
Double check the IR/UHF toggle switch in battery compartment. Should be IR/UHF.
Another idea:
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/Images/Tech/remotes/RemoExtend1.jpg

I agree with both of the above posts, most likely some interference around TV1 causing tv2 remote not to work (or low batteries). Recommendation would be either adjusting the UHF antenna on the back of the receiver, using a pigtail, or remote antenna backfeed like KAB posted.

Make sure the antenna is straight up and down. Could also try changing the remote address on tv2 to another number. Odd numbers are pro band A, even numbers are pro band B. Change to the one your not on. You may also need an Attenuator at the antenna to eliminate interference

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)