Remote Address change

Marg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Ajo AZ
Would anyone be able to tell me how to change the address on my remote to 6 like the other one I have. Right now my second remote work my reciever and calling bell is a pain. Thanks

what receiver?

sounds like you just need to change the address on the remote and not the receiver, right?

most of them do it this way
-on remote press and hold down sat button until all lites flash...let go
-press the number you want for the remote
-press #...light should blink 3 times

done :)

The remote that works is on 6 but the other one won,t work the reciever thats the one I want on 6 also.I know you have to go to system info then pull the card and press some buttons I,m not sure which ones to push.

Another remote problem,right now I use my 3100 so I got my 4100 out of the closet to try and see if it was active. After getting the signal none of my 2 remotes would work on the 4100 and the programing was gone out also. How would I get the remotes to also work on the 4100 and is there a way of getting the programming back without calling bell.

Remove the card from the 4100 this will bring up the System Info Screen. Here you will see what the Remote address is, I am guessing it is NOT the same as the Remote.

Replace Card, this will cause the receiver to re-boot and re-download the guide etc.

This may just restore the programming if it has not been out of the datastream too long but anyway, now go ahead and change the Remote address as you did before.

If programming does not come back, log in to Bells' web site and find your way to Synchronize programming. If all else fails, you will have to cal Bell.

I couldn,t change the remote address in the 4100 because the remote would not work on it. I turned on my 3100 and knew the 4100 was 11 so I changed it to 11 now it works the 4100. The 3100 is on remote address 6 , question is how do you change the 4100 to 6 also. The programing is gone until I call bell maybe wait till something happens to the 3100 first .

When I called Bell awhile back i had both recievers side by side and thats why I wanted them with diff address. the tech talked me through it and the first thing was pull the card then press what ever while the card was out ,then another press and that did it. Doing it the way you said changes the remote address not the in the reciever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts