remote adressess

mekp21

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Carson City, Nevada
:confused: So I moved of my receivers and I needed to change remote address but in the process I managed to screw up the first remote. And being the brilliant idiot I am I tried to just change to other remote! Well in about 5 minutes I screwed up both remotes. Is there a way to reset the remotes back to defaults so I can actually change the channels again? And then Change the remote address the right way.

The way I tried to was to go to sysinfo screen

then hold sat button until all lights turn on

then press 2( to change address to that one)

then press " # "

I have an 811 and a 510

mekp21 said:
:confused: So I moved of my receivers and I needed to change remote address but in the process I managed to screw up the first remote. And being the brilliant idiot I am I tried to just change to other remote! Well in about 5 minutes I screwed up both remotes. Is there a way to reset the remotes back to defaults so I can actually change the channels again? And then Change the remote address the right way.

The way I tried to was to go to sysinfo screen

then hold sat button until all lights turn on

then press 2( to change address to that one)

then press " # "
After you press the # button to set the remote you need to press the RECORD button to set the receiver to the new address.

Just press the sys info buttton on the front of the receiver and then press the record button on the remote for that receiver. Do the same with other remote/receiver.

Ok I got the remotes back but opened up a whole other set of problems. I need to try to troubleshoot a few things but so far the 2nd piece of cable of a brand new spool will still not get any signal thru either receiver but factory cable from 6 years ago will get it just fine......lol :mad: Teach me to drink and run cable

Check your connections to be sure that none of the braiding / foil is making contact with the center conductor. Make sure to that your not using a coax splitter to extend the original line to the new location, splitters disrupt the signal path much like putting your finger into a clear stream of water coming out of a tap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)