Remote Capability Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisClearman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2007
For the HR20 can you make it so the volume button actually changes the volume output level through HDMI?

I will be using the RF remote and my AV receiver doesn't have this feature. It would be nice to be able to use one remote with all the components buried in cabinets.

For the HR20 can you make it so the volume button actually changes the volume output level through HDMI?

I will be using the RF remote and my AV receiver doesn't have this feature. It would be nice to be able to use one remote with all the components buried in cabinets.

If you are talking about working your A / V receiver thru the D* remote, there is a good possibility.
Try programming the remote to run the A/V rec., go into the remote menu on the D* rec. and see if yours is listed, if so you can probably do this.
Try more than one code as some codes do more than others.

Jimbo

No, I know it can work my AV receiver through the IR. But if it's all buried in cabinets you can't get an IR signal to the boxes.

I want to use just the RF remote to the HR20.

Wondering if you can modulate the volume output of the HR20 through HDMI, or if it is constant.

I'm pretty sure I'm SOL, but thought I would ask...

No, I know it can work my AV receiver through the IR. But if it's all buried in cabinets you can't get an IR signal to the boxes.

I want to use just the RF remote to the HR20.

Wondering if you can modulate the volume output of the HR20 through HDMI, or if it is constant.

I'm pretty sure I'm SOL, but thought I would ask...

Sorry I can't help you on this one.
I use my D* RF remote to control my rec. and TV volume and channel wise, but I am not running HDMI.
I also have not set up my remote to work my Yamaha either, I guess I just haven't gotten around to it.

Others may be able to help you though.

Jimbo

It is possible but requires a harmony with an IR blaster.
How can a Harmony remote control a digital data stream? The HDMI is all digital how can a remote change the data stream you are thinking in analog terms where a receiver could change the volume level on the analog output by varying the resistance.:)

Harmony remotes are like Tivos. They are just one of the greatest consumer electronic devices and way ahead of their time. I know I couldn't have pulled off my crazy complex configuration without them. So a simple programmable Harmony remote with remote extenders are a great addition to anyone's home theater.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)