remote codes

Newer tv's like yours probably won't work with the standard remotes from Dish. However if you look at the top of this forum Scott has listed the Dish updated remote page. I obtained two from Dish and was pleasantly surprised that they worked with all my stuff to include my lcd. Good Luck! Have a happy and safe 4th everybody.:)

Ally68 said:
Has anyone had any sucess programing a new polaroid LCD tv code into a 525 remote?
There are previous posts that say Mitsubishi codes work on some Polaroid models. The problem is you don't know who really made the TV, Polaroid is just marketing the products.:)

Ally68 said:
Has anyone had any sucess programing a new polaroid LCD tv code into a 525 remote?

Don't know if the 622 remote is anywhere near a 525 remote, but after months of trying on the forums, and three e-mails to DISH Tech Support, finally got a response, and it worked. I, too, have a Polaroid, and, of course, was somewhat flummoxed to see it was not listed, although there were some pretty weird brands on the list. Anyway, the following is copied directly from the e-mail. Note: I had to do it twice, because there was a bit of a lag in getting the Polaroid to respond to the code that worked, so go through the process slowly. Good luck!

1. Press and hold the correct mode button (about six seconds) until
all mode key backlights come on, then release. Note: For AUX mode Power
Scan ONLY: press 0 for a TV, press 1 for a VCR/DVD, press 2 for any
other device, then press *.
2. Press and release the Power button.
3. Press the up or down key once a second while pointing the remote at
the desired equipment. If the code for the equipment comes up, the
equipment will turn on or off.
4. Press the POUND (#) button. If the code entered is valid for the
remote, the mode light flashes three times.
5. To verify the code works try several different functions for that
equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)