Remote color keys & forced strech mode

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bobdacop

Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
Oakland, CA
Starting Friday, the color keys on my remotes have stopped functioning. I have 2 H20-100’s and 1 H20-600. I reset the H20 in the main A/V room, but the reset changed nothing. Only the red button functions. I can get the yellow button to function on OTA, but not on D*.

This morning, I noticed that on my 2 16X9 Sony TVs, D* is doing stretch-o-matic on SD channels and it looks just awful. 614, 616, etc., are all forced wide screen for SD content.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Thanks,
BdaC

Yes, I have noticed it as well. I have noticed on the channels with NBA playoff basketball the yellow button does not work. Also when changing from a sports channel to a SD channel the picture is stretched. You have to use the format button to get the picture back to normal.

Last edited:
Starting Friday, the color keys on my remotes have stopped functioning. I have 2 H20-100’s and 1 H20-600. I reset the H20 in the main A/V room, but the reset changed nothing. Only the red button functions. I can get the yellow button to function on OTA, but not on D*.

This morning, I noticed that on my 2 16X9 Sony TVs, D* is doing stretch-o-matic on SD channels and it looks just awful. 614, 616, etc., are all forced wide screen for SD content.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Thanks,
BdaC
This is apparently an issue with the non DVRs right now. I did a poll on this issue: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/172957-did-scoreguide-disable-your-yellow-button-menu.html

I've noticed that my caller I.D. doesn't work on the sports channels with the scoreguide also...

With channels with interactive features, you need to press the exit key to cancel the interactive portion of it (such as the red button for the scoreguide on ESPN). After tuning to the channel and pressing exit, your receiver should autotune like normal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)