Remote comparison

Broge6

Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Can someone tell me pros and cons of 6.0, 6.2, 6.3.

Is the 6.3 the only one that will allow me to use TV1 and TV2? I generally record on TV1 and my kids on TV2, but sometimes it would be convenient to switch from 1 to 2 without changing rooms.

On my TV1, I think I can feed TV2 in through the component inputs, or use a reverse splitter to feed TV2 in with TV1.

Doing this would allow me to switch inputs or channels on the tv and go from TV1 to TV2 and use the same remote.

Is this correct?

Broge6

Here's a link from the Technical Sub-Forum which is a list of remotes:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=7758&d=1142022830

Someone said the 6.2 and 6.3 are the same except for button colors, but I don't think the 6.0 would be a replacement for a 6.3.

You did not say what receiver you have, so here's what I know with the ViP622.

In Single Mode, either remote can control the ViP622, the TV1 Green IR Remote will only work in the same room as the 622, while the TV2 Blue UHF PRO Remote will work from upto 200 feet.

In Dual Mode, so that you can watch different programs on 2 TV's....

The TV1 Green IR remote will only operate TV1 from within the room.
TV2 Blue UHF PRO Remote will operate TV2 from 200 Feet, and you can program the AUX MODE to operate TV1 from within the same room as the 622.

If you were to get a 6.3 IR/UHF PRO Remote (or an earlier 6.2), you could then set up the 622 TV1 to work as a IR/UHF PRO receiver instead of IR only (shipped mode). This will allow you to control TV1 from upto 200 feet, provided it has the "Green tab, with a 1 on it, and UHF PRO etched on it.

So you could get another remote that comes with interchangable chips (Green-1 and a Blue-2), set it up to control TV2 in SAT MODE and control TV1 in AUX MODE while in the same room as the 622.

If you are not interested in switching channels on TV2, just seeing what the kids are watching, then....

Yes, you could feed TV2 out to a second input on your TV; or
If TV1 is connect to the INPUT 1 on your TV, then you could take the RF output of the 622 and feed the TV ANTENNA INPUT so that it could view TV1 and TV2 by just changing the channels. Hopefully the Dish remotes work with your TV, if so, then yes, select TV, then press Input until you get to Antenna or the correct Input, then select the channel up down.

Thanks.

I think I understand.

I am using a 625.

If I have both the TV1 and TV2 signals going to the same tv, either the 6.2 or 6.3 will operate both? One in regular and one in aux mode?

It seems that I read somewhere (can't find it now) that the 6.2 will not operate the DVR in aux mode. Maybe it was something else, but it seemed that there was a limitation that the 6.3 did not have.

Does the above sound correct?

Broge6

Sorry, but I am not familiar with the 625, and don't have a 6.2 IR/UHF PRO remote.

I just confirmed the following on my ViP622 and my "6.3 IR/UHF PRO Remote 2":
- TV1 uses remote address 1, and TV2 uses remote address 2.
- Remote 2 (blue), Sat Mode set to address 2, and Aux Mode set to address 1.
- Sat Mode controls TV2, including DVR functions.
- Aux Mode controls TV1, including DVR funtions (when in the same room with 622).

EDIT:
To program (6.3) remote to operate certain other Dish receivers using Aux Mode with IR and UHF (but not UHF PRO):
- Hold Aux Mode button until flashes.
- Press 3.
- Press 1 (or other remote address).
- Press #
Aux Mode button/light flashes 3 times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts