remote control differences and compatibility

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I have a 5.3 IR remote for my 622 receiver which is showing its age. Some of the buttons are starting to take a few presses to work. I see 5.3 remotes going fairly cheap on ebay, but I also see a lot of newer remote models, some of which say that they're compatible with the 622. Would there be any advantage to getting a newer model of remote? If so, what's the newest one for the 622?

21.0 would be the way to go (I went through some hassle to get one for myself). I think they're the best simply because of the learning feature

All VIP receivers get a 20.0 or 21.0 as the replacement

I have a 5.3 IR remote for my 622 receiver which is showing its age. Some of the buttons are starting to take a few presses to work. I see 5.3 remotes going fairly cheap on ebay, but I also see a lot of newer remote models, some of which say that they're compatible with the 622. Would there be any advantage to getting a newer model of remote? If so, what's the newest one for the 622?
I personally prefer the 21.0 remote.Its ir or uhf its also a learning remote which allows you to add commands from your tv remote etc.

Just make sure you DO NOT get a 32.0 remote. That is the 2Ghz remote and only works on the 922.

The 21.0, is that the one that lets you back up the remote configuration to the receiver, and vice-versa? If so, does either of those functions work with a 622, or just the 722?

The 21.0, is that the one that lets you back up the remote configuration to the receiver, and vice-versa? If so, does either of those functions work with a 622, or just the 722?

The backup feature is only available on the 722k/222k/922. The backup feature won't work on the 622, but you still get the learning feature which is my favorite part of the remote.

Well dang. I was just searching for this because I got a couple 21.0 to replace my 5.3 and 6.3 that wouldn't "AUX" my new Sony A/V receiver. The programmability is great, but I was sure hoping to be able to save the settings from my 622. Oh well, another reason to upgrade.

Agree 21.0 is generally best. More preprogrammed codes plus the learning functions. I will say I seem to get better UHF distance/performance from 6.4 though.

I'm still wondering why the backup feature isn't made to work with the 622. Doesn't the 622 have an IR transmitter? I thought it did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)