Remote Control For TV Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary11253

Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
Colorado
Just switched from Dish to DT and have problems with 3 of my 4 TVs not able to be contoled with the remote when switched to DT mode. The one that works is my RF remote for my flat screen HD/DVR - works no problem. The issue for the other 3 is that in TV mode they work but intermitent when switched to the DT mode (toggle switch), and most of the time not working. The Dish remotes for each of the 3 TVs worked no problem before switching to DT. This is definatly a DT romote problem. The remote # is RC64. DT technical support even after escalation was zero help, basically saying it was my problem and they don't guarantee the remotes will work with the TV's? I have tried all the codes available with out any luck and like I said sometimes it works in DT mode and sometimes not. Help!

The TV on/Off does not work consistantly (mostly does not work) when the toggle is switched to the DT mode. In the TV mode it works consistantly. As I said in my intro the Dish remotes worked perfectly to control the Dish box and TV.

You may be suffering from IR interference. There may be another source of IR in the room that is causing problems. The RC64 may not have as strong an IR output to overpower any interference. You may want to invest in a universal remote to see if that works.

Thanks for the input on the Harmony remote - I was thinking about that but the RF one is quite pricy. My problem is with the standard remots and the IR works just fine when switched to the TV mode, it is when I swithch to the DT mode it will not work on three different TVs same problem. Can't get DT to own up to the problem - very frustrating.

Status
Please reply by conversation.