Remote control question for 211 and 311

bjf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Could someone here answer a few questions about DISH remote controls.

Is it possible to use the remote from a 211 with a 311 and vice verse.

So if you preferred the 311 remote you could use it with a 211 box.

Also, it possible to make the remote UHF on either a 211 or 311 with the
DISH adapter kit?

If so will they work just like the UHF remote on a 722.

I'm thinking of leaving DTV and need some help before I switch.

Thanks for the help.

bjf

I don't know specifically about the 211 but the manual that comes with the upgrade kit says ALL models EXCEPT 7100/7200, 2000, 4000 and 5000, so I'm sure the answer is yes. I used it with my 311 and it worked great. I now use it with my 722 to access TV1 remotely (UHF). Yes, the remote that comes with the kit works EXACTLY like the 722 UHF remote. Hope this helps.

Ed

Remote Question? I have a 622 and rarely use the tv 2 blue second remote but am wearing the tv 1 green remote out. Is there a way to use the blue tv 2 remote on tv 1. What do I need to do or change? Thanks

Remote Question? I have a 622 and rarely use the tv 2 blue second remote but am wearing the tv 1 green remote out. Is there a way to use the blue tv 2 remote on tv 1. What do I need to do or change? Thanks

Press the SYS INFO button on the front panel of the 622. Then, pull the blue chip out of the bottom of the TV2 remote and flip it over. Put it back in with the black side showing out. Then press Record on the remote. Voila!

Thanks for the easy to follow directions. There was also an A or B switch on the inside of remote 2 that I switched to A and it now controls tv 1.

Thanks for the easy to follow directions. There was also an A or B switch on the inside of remote 2 that I switched to A and it now controls tv 1.

That switch only expands the number of available "frequency" choices for the remote. Presumably its useful if there's lots of UHF remotes in the home or neighborhood. Most installers don't bother to switch to B so you can usually get a clear frequency that way. I religiously set all TV 2 remotes to B since it seems to have greater range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)