Remote Control question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oklametsfan

Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
alright, so i have moved my bedroom setup into my living room for the weekend to watch some football. i have 2 r16 dvrs. my problem is with controlling either receiver. if i want to look on the guide for one, the guide for the other pops up too. ive kinda held my hand up to try and block the sensor from hitting the receiver i dont want it to and thats worked ok for now but it's getting annoying

any way i can just program the remotes to only work on one receiver? i apppreciate any help/advice. thank yall very much

alright, so i have moved my bedroom setup into my living room for the weekend to watch some football. i have 2 r16 dvrs. my problem is with controlling either receiver. if i want to look on the guide for one, the guide for the other pops up too. ive kinda held my hand up to try and block the sensor from hitting the receiver i dont want it to and thats worked ok for now but it's getting annoying

any way i can just program the remotes to only work on one receiver? i apppreciate any help/advice. thank yall very much

Yes, cover one receiver as you switch the other to an alternate address.
Start by programming code 00002 to AV1 or AV2 on the remote:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 2

slide back to the directv device on the remote and
enter the menu of the receiver:

1. menu> parental, fav's, & settings> system setup> remote> receiver mode>

2. you will see either Directv or AV1/AV2, click whichever to reveal both

3. choose AV1/AV2, the remote will stop controlling the receiver, slide to av1 or av2 whichever has code 00002

4. press done and exit the menu

Yes, cover one receiver as you switch the other to an alternate address.
Start by programming code 00002 to AV1 or AV2 on the remote:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 2

slide back to the directv device on the remote and
enter the menu of the receiver:

1. menu> parental, fav's, & settings> system setup> remote> receiver mode>

2. you will see either Directv or AV1/AV2, click whichever to reveal both

3. choose AV1/AV2, the remote will stop controlling the receiver, slide to av1 or av2 whichever has code 00002

4. press done and exit the menu

that worked perfectly! thank you very much!

I just got an HR21-200 delivered to me today to replace my bad one(AGAIN), I cannot for the life of my get this remote to work on AV1, is there an issue with the HR21's for this? This is my first one so I have no idea..I have followed it to a tee. Still nothing.

I just got an HR21-200 delivered to me today to replace my bad one(AGAIN), I cannot for the life of my get this remote to work on AV1, is there an issue with the HR21's for this? This is my first one so I have no idea..I have followed it to a tee. Still nothing.

The OP had a couple of R16's, whose alternate codeset is 00002. But the alternate codeset for the HR21 is 00003. So give a code 00003 a try?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)