remote control question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tdbohannon

Original poster
Apr 18, 2005
I have an H-20 in my main room and will be adding an HR-20. I plan on using both receivers on the same TV for PIP purposes. I have a Harmony IR remote and am wondering if there will be a way to differentiate the signals for the two devices so that every time a send a command to one, it doens't take effect on both. Any thoughts?

Sorry no specific answer, but another question.

If your H20 and HR20 are made by different manufacturers, then maybe the remote codes might be different as well?

don't know - don't have HR20 yet, just planning ahead. I guess I could always buy an RF remote for the H20 since it won't be my primary receiver, but I'd rather have everything controlled by the harmony. They have an RF/IR remote, but I don't feel like dropping $400....

tdbohannon said:
don't know - don't have HR20 yet, just planning ahead. I guess I could always buy an RF remote for the H20 since it won't be my primary receiver, but I'd rather have everything controlled by the harmony. They have an RF/IR remote, but I don't feel like dropping $400....

The remote that comes with the H20 is an rf/ir remote.

raoul5788 said:
The remote that comes with the H20 is an rf/ir remote.
If I'm not mistaken, the one that came with my H20 is strictly an IR remote. DTV told me they would sell me a RF remote for $25. The $400 I was referring to was the harmony RF remote.

tdbohannon said:
If I'm not mistaken, the one that came with my H20 is strictly an IR remote. DTV told me they would sell me a RF remote for $25. The $400 I was referring to was the harmony RF remote.

Nope, it's both. You have to go into the menu to switch the receiver from ir to rf.

raoul5788 said:
Nope, it's both. You have to go into the menu to switch the receiver from ir to rf.
Raoul,
It depends which one he got, I tried to order another RF remote and was sent the IR only remote,looks the same, except for the 2 buttons on the top left, the IF remote only has the one button.
also on the back the cover for the RF signal is a bit wider than the IR remote.
He'll have to look and see if he has the correct remote
The RF remote is the RC24
The other remote is probably a DTVR.
IF you have the two buttons at the top left you more than likely have the RF remote, if not you definatly do not.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Raoul,
It depends which one he got, I tried to order another RF remote and was sent the IR only remote,looks the same, except for the 2 buttons on the top left, the IF remote only has the one button.
also on the back the cover for the RF signal is a bit wider than the IR remote.
He'll have to look and see if he has the correct remote
The RF remote is the RC24
The other remote is probably a DTVR.
IF you have the two buttons at the top left you more than likely have the RF remote, if not you definatly do not.

Jimbo

My bad then. I thought there was only one remote for the H20. BTW, it's Chip. Raoul is a screen name.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

universal remote question DTV model 11

Transferring Programs & Season Passes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)