This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Remote for 4700 ?

kuma

Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
Which Remote for 4700?

Hi, I have an older receiver - model 4700 (its had several software upgrades - not sure if that changes to model number?) - which I need a UHF/IR remote for. I am looking at some on ebay but not certain which ones will work. Does anyone know if this one will work:

Dish Network IR/UHF Pro 4.0 Remote (blue #2 chip)

The person selling it said that people have purchased them for the 4700 but he is not sure if it will work...

Thanks!

Yes, he recommended the remote 1.5 - their $35 for one. And, I would like two of them - $70 for remotes seems a bit rediculous. I see remotes at stores for $8 to $19. Is this the price for satillite TV

kuma said:
Yes, he recommended the remote 1.5 - their $35 for one. And, I would like two of them - $70 for remotes seems a bit rediculous. I see remotes at stores for $8 to $19. Is this the price for satillite TV
No that is the price for UHF technology instead of the cheap infrared universal remotes that require you to be in the same room for the remote to work.

Yeah - Im thinkg that it would be chaper to go with Dirctv, get huge discounts for 4 months, free HBO... and in a year go for the deals with Dish. Been a Dish customer for 7 years - isnt customer loyalty worth a remote? I know, I will quit the whining!