remote help on 722k reciever

Kali05

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 27, 2005
Ca
im trying to use solo mode for remote control to use uhf remote on the 722k for tv 1 . how do you change the screen to uhf pro band so i can use uhf remote control for tv 1 keeps saying ir. i change the swicth to uhf on back of the uhf remote control and pull tab out set to 2 nothing

im trying to use solo mode for remote control to use uhf remote on the 722k for tv 1 . how do you change the screen to uhf pro band so i can use uhf remote control for tv 1 keeps saying ir. i change the swicth to uhf on back of the uhf remote control and pull tab out set to 2 nothing
You have to have an IR/UHF Remote like the 21.1. It'll say on the back what it is.
If it's the right remote, hit menu twice (or Menu - 6, 1, 3) and hold the Sat Button down til all the light come on, then press (WHatever number is in the TV 1 Box - probably 1), #, Record. The light should blink three times and you'll see the TV 1 address change from TV1 IR to TV1 IR/UHF.

Not sure what you mean by Solo Mode because that's a setting on the receiver that makes the 722 play the same content on both TV's

Not sure what you mean by Solo Mode because that's a setting on the receiver that makes the 722 play the same content on both TV's
Yeah. And not only that, when in solo mode, the TV2 UHF Pro remote will work fine to change channels on the TV1 output.
Sat Button down til all the light come on, then press (WHatever number is in the TV 1 Box - probably 1)
Now that worries me, because IIRC both the IR remote and the UHF remote on a 722 by default were set to channel 1. TV1 worked via IR, while TV2 worked via UHF, so the receiver could not get confused about which TV it was controling. This means that you can't even change TV1 into IR/UHF mode without conflicting with the TV2 UHF-only remote. If that collision is now avoided these days, then I'm happy to see it because I had a heck of a time getting this setup correct. I had to come here to get out of my predicament when I first got my 722. I forget who told me what to do, but he was awesome.

Yeah. And not only that, when in solo mode, the TV2 UHF Pro remote will work fine to change channels on the TV1 output.

Now that worries me, because IIRC both the IR remote and the UHF remote on a 722 by default were set to channel 1. TV1 worked via IR, while TV2 worked via UHF, so the receiver could not get confused about which TV it was controling. This means that you can't even change TV1 into IR/UHF mode without conflicting with the TV2 UHF-only remote. If that collision is now avoided these days, then I'm happy to see it because I had to come here to get out of my predicament when I first got my 722.
They are 1 out of the box, but can be changed easily. I go 1 & 9 on the primary dual tuner and 2 and 14 on the second one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts