remote help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spokybob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I have an old big screen in my bedroom that is mirrored to one of my receivers. The remote is programmed for the HDTV & the H24 in the living room with an RF remote. It works great but I want to program the remote to work on the bedroom TV.
The tv is a GE model # 46GW945. The receiver has the codes for that TV in memory. It comes back, "CODE TRANSMISSION FAILED."
Is it because the TV is in a different room, or because I am using an RF modulator in the back of receiver?

I have an old big screen in my bedroom that is mirrored to one of my receivers. The remote is programmed for the HDTV & the H24 in the living room with an RF remote. It works great but I want to program the remote to work on the bedroom TV.
The tv is a GE model # 46GW945. The receiver has the codes for that TV in memory. It comes back, "CODE TRANSMISSION FAILED."
Is it because the TV is in a different room, or because I am using an RF modulator in the back of receiver?

I think you're using the Directv two-way remote. Are you pointing the remote at your TV or Directv receiver? The two-way remote works best when pointing it at the Directv box as if it's in IR mode.

IDK, but maybe the Directv box only uses IR to communicate with remote while programming. I point it direct and within a couple of feet when programming the two-way remote.

Thanks for the reply. I'm doing it just like you said. (Pointing at the receiver.) It looks like I may have to reprogram the remote to IR for the receiver first, then program TV, then reprogram the remote to RF. I will try that tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply. I'm doing it just like you said. (Pointing at the receiver.) It looks like I may have to reprogram the remote to IR for the receiver first, then program TV, then reprogram the remote to RF. I will try that tomorrow.

I don't think it's necessary to switch to IR mode. I was just suggesting to hold the point the remote within two feet for programming remote only. I still had to try it more than once to get it to work. Just point and hold it steady while the two-way exchange is in progress. You may even try holding it closer.

I have never used the two-way remote, but If I had to guess it would only work for receivers in IR mode using only the default codeset 00001.

I got it. I had to start over.
This is what I did.
1. Point remote away from receiver. Press & hold MUTE and SELECT until the light above the slide switch flashes twice. (May take a few seconds)
2. Enter 981. The light will flash four times. This means the TV codes are erased.
3. Now program the receiver remote using the “Advanced” page for the RF mode.
4. Program the TV using the prompts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)