Remote on Hopper Not very responsive

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Just turned on the Hopper and remote is lagging, seems like its on step behind. I have done a reset and battery level appears to be good. Any thoughts?

Just a update, if I place the remote real close to the reciever it works, but as a step away thats when it stops

You have a Vizio television?
It's most likely interference from the television. Place the receiver as far away and as far forward (in front of TV) as possible. There are other threads about this issue and it has to do with how TV's switch between 'high power' and 'low power'.. For some reason, Vizio TVs are really bad at this because they go into low power mode so quickly (you notice the screen dims when it's on Sirius channels and even sometimes when the screen is black for a few seconds when changing channels). Other flat screen TVs with power saving features do it too.

You have a Vizio television?
It's most likely interference from the television. Place the receiver as far away and as far forward (in front of TV) as possible. There are other threads about this issue and it has to do with how TV's switch between 'high power' and 'low power'.. For some reason, Vizio TVs are really bad at this because they go into low power mode so quickly (you notice the screen dims when it's on Sirius channels and even sometimes when the screen is black for a few seconds when changing channels). Other flat screen TVs with power saving features do it too.

No, older Toshiba rear projection which has been working fine up untill today?

Anything new in the room that could interfere?

No...very confused On why all of a sudden today it's doing this, may change the batteries even though meter says ok. It's funny though volume works fine?

Last edited:
That was my next suggestion - change the batteries anyway see what happens....

Will try that, have to get some aaa. One set of barriers we don't have

Also check the remote antenna on the Hopper to make sure it's secured and oriented upright.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for the info, all is well with the remote

Last edited:
Not that I am aware of. It has a lot more range than UHF Pro though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts