Remote on Hopper Not very responsive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you look on dish.com at the dishstore you can purchase a 922/Hopper remote antenna extender. Their price is $10 and they do not show a part number but they do look to be in stock. I put one on my Hopper in the basement and it helped. I think it extends it about 6-7 feet.

I put powered amp UHF rabbit ears on my two 722ks for remote antennas. Works great.

I would think you could do that again with the Hopper but the problem lies with the connection on the receiver. The thread on the Hopper is larger and standard F fittings do not fit on them. Once you find a fitting that threads on you should be good to go.

I would think you could do that again with the Hopper but the problem lies with the connection on the receiver. The thread on the Hopper is larger and standard F fittings do not fit on them. Once you find a fitting that threads on you should be good to go.

I am not sure if a UHF powered amp rabbit ears would work even if you find the correct fittings. It has that 2G stuff whatever that is.

Besides the connector being different, communication with Hopper or 922 remotes is bidirectional so any active components in the path will cause a problem. Also, I believe the frequency for these remotes is in the 2.4 GHz range, not in the range where TV components like amplifiers work.

Besides the connector being different, communication with Hopper or 922 remotes is bidirectional so any active components in the path will cause a problem. Also, I believe the frequency for these remotes is in the 2.4 GHz range, not in the range where TV components like amplifiers work.

I wonder if there is some kinda computer product out there that could boost the signal strength up some. I hope it works ok for me and won't need to worry about it.

I tried an amplified antenna with the 722k I have on display and it works the same. I didn't actually notice any improvement over the original antenna it has. As for the 922/Hopper, why would it work? Have you seen the antenna that comes with the 922/Hopper? It's just a wire inside a plastic enclosure connected to a fitting.

Dish does have a part that extends the antenna on the back of the Hoppers. There is nothing for the Joey though.

i was able to order the Dish Network Hopper Antenna Extender. It it $10 for each. It was easy...I just contact tech support and asked for Hopper Antenna extender.

When it hit my account it showed up as a "922 Remote Antenna Ext." Each cable it about 8-10' long

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts