Remote question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Conjuror

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
We have four receivers stocked on the top of each other in data room. Please don't ask me why - it's a school system, you know :). One receiver is R15 DVR and the remaining three are D11.
The problem is, when we want to change channel on one receiver with its remote, it changes channels on all receivers because they are so close to each other. Is there a way to configure them so that only one remote would control just one reveiver and not all of them?

I have not found one. This is yet another fault (or at least lack of hardware sophistication) for D*. E* does allow this . As a former E* sub, I do prefer the D* programming, but I'm not enamored with their hardware. :cool:

We have four receivers stocked on the top of each other in data room. Please don't ask me why - it's a school system, you know :). One receiver is R15 DVR and the remaining three are D11.
The problem is, when we want to change channel on one receiver with its remote, it changes channels on all receivers because they are so close to each other. Is there a way to configure them so that only one remote would control just one reveiver and not all of them?

Yes there is,I have forgotten how I did it but just stick around and someone will tell you how. In the info menu there is a line for remote and you can change the number for each receiver so that the remote and receiver are "married". You will have to cover the front of all of the receivers except the one you are changing at the time until you get them all married, then you can use a different remote for each one. Don't forget to label them. The info should be in the manual.

I think you can configure it, but only for two different models, maybe three.

In remote setup look for av1/av2 setup, you can make the D* receiver av1 or av2 or RF if it is one of the advanced receivers with RF remote capability.

That would get you 3, nothing past that.

You could try putting cardboard over the IR eye of each receiver (tape it on the top) and then lift it on whichever box you want to chage. Sounds like you won't be changing them alot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts