Remote Reaction SOOO Slow!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dish96

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
PA
Am I the only one that has noticed a major delay with the remotes? I mean the reaction time was always delayed but it seems it's gotten much worse. Is there any thing I can do? I have HD DVR-HR-21-700, HD-H-21-100 and 2 D-12's. Yes, all of them have terrible delays when punching in numbers and commands.

I have the same problem and gets me mad because sometimes it lags and i have to put in the channel i want to watch two times and i know is not the controller is the box. And also when you are switching channels it takes longer to go into the channel.

it's definitely not a problem with the remote. it's the dvr's. and for some reason the owners of the HR20 models don't really experience these issues. that's why i'm looking for an HR20-700;)

it's definitely not a problem with the remote. it's the dvr's. and for some reason the owners of the HR20 models don't really experience these issues. that's why i'm looking for an HR20-700;)
Yeah, mine are both 20s.

Still, I would check the batteries. I know that my E* remote gets slow when they are weak. I have not had that problem with my D* remotes yet, but I imagine they would do the same

Am I the only one that has noticed a major delay with the remotes? I mean the reaction time was always delayed but it seems it's gotten much worse. Is there any thing I can do? I have HD DVR-HR-21-700, HD-H-21-100 and 2 D-12's. Yes, all of them have terrible delays when punching in numbers and commands.

it's odd for the H21 to experience this lag. have you participated in the ce program recently with these dvr's and receivers?

it's odd for the H21 to experience this lag. have you participated in the ce program recently with these dvr's and receivers?

I too have noticed considerable lag with my HR21 receiver over the past month. I noticed that there was a firmware update at the end of April. This also coincides with the lag problems I've been seeing with the receiver. The last firmware update is to blame in my opinion.

there's a sure way to know which is what i've done to prove it's not the remote. use the buttons on the box to perform some commands. i experienced the same lag using the buttons on the DVR. seems like a lack of processing power. needs more juice ;)

yeah, for some reason my hr-23 has been real slow (at times) the last few days. Before that, not too much problem. Then the past few days, sometimes the delay is extremely slow, then a minute later some commands are responding quick.

Considering we've only had D* since early april, I doubt the batteries are low. And if low batteries do cause this issue, it sure would be nice to know just how low they are. Many new devices these days (like ps3 & 360 remotes/controllers) do tell you how much juice you have, which is very handy.
Anyhow, since there is remote lag to begin with, it will be hard to even tell if putting in new batteries will make a world of difference. Like I said, sometimes there is bad lag, sometimes there isn't.

Today so far its fine for me, yesterday it wasn't.

I was thinking that maybe the reciever was due to be rebooted, and maybe that will help.

I'll try the reboot. But it's strange to be on ALL of my receivers. Any more ideas?

I have not part. in the CE. Should I? Would his help. What's the CE program all about?

I wonder how much of the lag may be due to networking our boxes? How many of you that experience a lag have your box networked?

I too have noticed considerable lag with my HR21 receiver over the past month. I noticed that there was a firmware update at the end of April. This also coincides with the lag problems I've been seeing with the receiver. The last firmware update is to blame in my opinion.

Same here ....

Tonight my DVR was so slow I thought it died...

HR22 DVR extremely slow tonight (May 28th)
I've read numerous posts about about DTV DVR's being slow to change channels, etc. I'm new to the current DVR's (just switched from Comcast in March) and I thought their units were on the slow side also, but faster than DTV's.

Tonight however, my DVR is EXTREMELY SLOW to do anything. Change channels, work with my "list", etc.

I'm hoping the performance I'm getting tonight will not be repeated tomorrow or I'll be calling DTV for a new unit.

I'm also wondering if ANYTHING that the remote does "triggers" something from a satellite that may be slowing me down tonight. I'm not referring to VOD as that is not in play tonight.

Anyone else have a DVR that seems a LOT slower tonight verses yesterday?

PS I even put fresh batteries in my remote thinking that might help, but it didn't.

I'm also wondering if this problem was caused by some software download?

UPDATE: When I woke up this morning and turned on the TV, all I had was a grey screen. So I hit the RED reset button under the small access door on the right hand side of the unit. After a "grind" of several minutes, the system popped back up and while still on the slow side, it does work fine again. I wonder how DTV's R&D department could have passed this piece of crap onto their subscribers. When my commitment is up, or maybe even before, I'm thinking of bailing to Dish unless DTV can fix this problem.

Last edited:
I take part in the CE program and response time can vary greatly from CE release to CE release. IMHO the release in testing now is one of the best I've seen for GUI response in a long time, but that doesn't mean that's what it will be when/if it hits national release. It's nice to know though that DirecTV is working on the problem and hopefully soon it will be fixed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)