Remote Reaction SOOO Slow!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes I love my HR20, but I do think D* might want to start developing a next generation DVR and do it right from the get go this time.

Yes I love my HR20, but I do think D* might want to start developing a next generation DVR and do it right from the get go this time.
How about then just develop a DVR that basic functions work. I don't believe thats asking too much!!:eek:

The basic functions of mine work fine. The bad thing is that all of D*'s DVR's aren't created equal. That is what they need to work on. Why some of them work fine and other models are slow is what's beyond me. MY HR20 is pretty good. If D* could get the speed up and MRV working, it would be better than the ViP series by a long ways.

The basic functions of mine work fine. The bad thing is that all of D*'s DVR's aren't created equal. That is what they need to work on. Why some of them work fine and other models are slow is what's beyond me. MY HR20 is pretty good. If D* could get the speed up and MRV working, it would be better than the ViP series by a long ways.
LOL... Thanks I needed that. :D

Glad you find that humorous, but tell me beside the speed and the ability to watch in another room, what else does the ViP series has that D* doesn't. Wait, the ability to pad a live event which, guess what, D* is testing now too. D*'s are alot more user friendly in my opinion. I had E* twice, and found it a little harder to program. Not to mention the signal issues. Tell me what else am I missing?

Glad you find that humorous, but tell me beside the speed and the ability to watch in another room, what else does the ViP series has that D* doesn't. Wait, the ability to pad a live event which, guess what, D* is testing now too. D*'s are alot more user friendly in my opinion. I had E* twice, and found it a little harder to program. Not to mention the signal issues. Tell me what else am I missing?
This is a List of Interactive Features that E* has on it VIP receivers. See this Post. http://www.satelliteguys.us/1840776-post93.html

Also the Vip622 and 722 Have Picture in Picture,Can record 2 satellite and 1 OTA at the same time, they also can have an portable HD Hard Drive added and Shared between All your VIP HD DVRS.
As far as Hard to program, Well it does have about 5 more recording options then D* DVRs, Plus AutoTune,and Reminder settings.
Signal Issues are a thing of the past. Ceil2 went to the 129 location, E*11 went to the 110 and the 61.5 never had any issues.
D* has Lots of features too, But all they keep doing is adding more and more , But profecting None of them. Slow responce has been an issue since the HR-20 release.

Slow responce has been an issue since the HR-20 release.

yep! and that's the biggest issue right there. i'm fine with everything else. oh and yes i would like a HD GUI like the new E*922 has please.:D

I agree the slowness is the big thing with me. PIP. to me, is not that big of a deal. Double play is good enough for me. Mediashare with D* is cool and it won't be long until MRV is working properly. I agree they rushed these DVR's out before they tested them properly. From what I have seen, the signal problems with 129 in my area is still an issue. Overall I am happy with the HR series, but I am not content.

. From what I have seen, the signal problems with 129 in my area is still an issue. .
What? The 129 Ceil2 is like one of the Most powerfull satellites. I've barely Heard a peep from signal issues since this satellite was launched.
Who is having signal problems? Satellite Guys members? Why not switch to eastern arc?

What? The 129 Ceil2 is like one of the Most powerfull satellites. I've barely Heard a peep from signal issues since this satellite was launched.
Who is having signal problems? Satellite Guys members? Why not switch to eastern arc?

yeah i heard another member say this in the dish forums. shouldn't be with ciel2 up there.

Well thats what I have heard. The position of the satellite is at such an angle here that it is hard to get an above 70 signal strength. I know 70 isn't bad, but here where there are a lot of storms during the spring and summer, that means a lot of rain fade. Anyway, this shouldn't be a D* vs E* thread. I have my opinion and you have yours, so we can agree to disagree. I feel D* has a good DVR with the HR20. I do think the HR21 and HR23 DVR's need a lot of work when it comes to speed.

How much bigger is D* and how much more money do they have but the they can't even speed up the user interface. Sorry that is a joke!!!!
Infact D* should be sorry!:eek:

How about then just develop a DVR that basic functions work. I don't believe thats asking too much!!:eek:
Most of them work fine. I think the issue is that Direct probably has more individual lemon DVRs than the other providers do (they all have their lemons).

Well thats what I have heard. The position of the satellite is at such an angle here that it is hard to get an above 70 signal strength. I know 70 isn't bad, but here where there are a lot of storms during the spring and summer, that means a lot of rain fade. Anyway, this shouldn't be a D* vs E* thread. I have my opinion and you have yours, so we can agree to disagree. I feel D* has a good DVR with the HR20. I do think the HR21 and HR23 DVR's need a lot of work when it comes to speed.
70% is Great strength. E* scale is different then D*. E* 70 now is about Equal to 105 of the scale the used to use. 50 and 60% are the average numbers for E* signal.
They dropped the scale down in a software release over a year ago.
Rain fade is no different. I'd like to see D* use a 24x19 inch dish for their service. But that will never happen since KA satellites are the most Prone to rain fade from the Narrow signal band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)