remote/receiver very sluggish...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

onebadmofo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 10, 2012
Arizona
Probably a question that's been asked a lot here I'm guessing, but I'll ask again and hope someone can help.

My remote on my primary LED, is very sluggish. I know the guide should take 5 seconds to pull up(annoying) but usually what kills me is when I click "exit" from the guide, it takes a good 4-5 pushes on the button to actually "exit"....I have the SEdition NFL remote so don't really want to switch to a "regular" remote, but this is ridiculous....

Also, I do have a Harmony 880 I've never opened. Would that be faster perhaps?

Any tips appreciated and thanks!

Try this: Go to channel 1 and leave it there for about 30 seconds. Then push the colored buttons quickly, in this order:
red red blue blue yellow green. You should see "NVRAM cleared" in small white letters on the bottom left of the screen.
That may help speed things up.

Try the following on your remote to speed up response time:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 3
4. press CH DOWN

Its unique, what my instructions do is turn off the extra signal sent with each command, so the receiver doesn't have to ingest such a big signal, allowing it to respond quicker to each command.

But what it also does is turn off the two-way communcation between remote and receiver during remote programming. You get different menu options with it off, such as under remote in the menu, with it on you get:

Program Remote
Copy Settings
Reset Remote

With the signal off, you get:

Program remote
IR/RF Setup
Receiver Mode
Advanced Setups

Edmund, how would you enable the first menu?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)