Remotes

30rock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
louisiana
My Dish 625 TV1 remote broke today and I'm thinking of going to Wal-Mart or Best Buy tomorrow to get a universal remote. Does anyone know if the GE or RCA universal remotes that they sell operate the DVR functions on my 625?

My Dish 625 TV1 remote broke today and I'm thinking of going to Wal-Mart or Best Buy tomorrow to get a universal remote. Does anyone know if the GE or RCA universal remotes that they sell operate the DVR functions on my 625?

If you want details on getting a replacement DISH remote, please send me a PM with your phone number or account number

Most universals work Dish DVRs just fine. The best IMO is the RCA RCRP05B ($17 at Best Buy) because it has the unique ability to add individual commands using codes. It also does learning, macros (activities), device specific volume punch thru, device specific macros, favorites and is programmable from a computer with an optional cable. Other RCA models can't do that, only the specific model I posted.

The universal remotes will not operate as UHF only as IR so it can be used only in the room with the receiver. Dish remotes are so cheap contact MATTG and get a replacement with the correct buttons in the correct places.

If you can't get a free replacement, try eBay. I've gotten many Dish remotes for next to nothing. If you don't need RF and have several devices to control, a universal is the best choice.

Thanks everyone I just used the one out of my bedroom that controlled my 211k (I had a DVR remote with that receiver) and bought a Philips remote from walmart (that I might bring back because it doesn't control my tv inputs).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts