Remove PPV from HD guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ahelbling33

Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
is there any way to remove the PPV channels from the HD guide? And for that matter, shouldn't only the channels I purchase show up in that guide as well; ie movie channels?

TIA,
Andrew

I've heard that a software change is planned that will allow the modification of 'channels I receive.' I can't say whether that rumor is accurate or not.

Now that would be nice; like the old Sony receivers. Select auto scan and then delete any additional that you also do not want to see that you might happen to receive in your package.

Also, if you notice, the channels that you do not rec. are now in a light blue vs the dark blue for channels you DO get.

Jimbo

Also, if you notice, the channels that you do not rec. are now in a light blue vs the dark blue for channels you DO get.

Jimbo

I would have never figured that out in a million years! But yes - they need a software fix. Why should I waste time creating fav list when every other cable company offers this simple feature? They can even leave the PPV in (for marketing reasons) - it is the channels over 300 that should be removed if you don't get them.

I would have never figured that out in a million years! But yes - they need a software fix. Why should I waste time creating fav list when every other cable company offers this simple feature? They can even leave the PPV in (for marketing reasons) - it is the channels over 300 that should be removed if you don't get them.

Well ....
Thats why the custom channel guides are available, you don't watch what I watch and vise versa and the next guy is different yet :D

Jimbo

I'd much rather see the favorites set up like the LG series receivers do it, with a grid and station logos. It's a lot easier to use.

This is the biggest difference between the way you use the favorites with a HR2x and Dish receivers. Two favorite lists are really plenty with the HR2x because there are so many subcategory lists already set up. I just have a long and a short list. Then I rely on the preset sub categories to filter what I'm interested in at any particular time.

It took a little getting used to (and a fair amount of doing) but it works fine for me now.

A couple of more "custom" guides would be nice. When i had Ultimate TV, you could create all the custom lists you wanted to.

The older rec's had more, I think my old Sony had like 4-5 , for me, what they have is fine, but I'm the only one here.

This is something that cold be added thru software if they decided to address it.

Jimbo

Not every cable company offers that feature. Suddenlink (formerly Cox) in NC is one example.

I'd like to be able to see a description of the channel while I'm setting up my favorites list. Sometimes I just don't know what a channel is and why I might want it.

Originally Posted by Silvia2112
I would have never figured that out in a million years! But yes - they need a software fix. Why should I waste time creating fav list when every other cable company offers this simple feature? They can even leave the PPV in (for marketing reasons) - it is the channels over 300 that should be removed if you don't get them. agregjones;1266396 said:
Not every cable company offers that feature. Suddenlink (formerly Cox) in NC is one example.

Time warner in Beaumont texas doesn't really offer that feature either. If you set up a fav list on their box it will skip the channels if you are channel surfing but it still shows everything in the guide, even channels you can't get if you wanted to.

Richard

Yeah, a few more guide sorting options would be nice.

I'd also like to be able to have an option to see more channels on the guide. Maybe condense the information at the top of the screen and make the text smaller and expand the grid to show more stations. E* has at least 4 different guide layouts to chose from.

I'd also like to see a faster response time from the remote. This is probably my #1 gripe about the HR2x vs. the ViP622. E*'s remote response was lightning fast in comparison.

That's a great list. I think that link should be made a sticky. :)
The list is not accurate on the mpeg 2 channels that are remapped to the higher channel numbers. It lists them as mpeg 4 and the are still mpeg 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts