Removing Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

samvonac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Just placed an order for D* today. I'm having installation done for 5 tv's in 4 rooms. I actually didn't really need the install on the fourth room but I thought that I would take advantage of the free installation now rather than having to pay for the addition later. My question is, after the installation is done, can I return one of the standard receivers (the one going in the fourth room) without any penalty? I'll probably need it but it won't be for another year or so and I want to avoid having to pay the lease fee if possible.

Thanks.

Just placed an order for D* today. I'm having installation done for 5 tv's in 4 rooms. I actually didn't really need the install on the fourth room but I thought that I would take advantage of the free installation now rather than having to pay for the addition later. My question is, after the installation is done, can I return one of the standard receivers (the one going in the fourth room) without any penalty? I'll probably need it but it won't be for another year or so and I want to avoid having to pay the lease fee if possible.

Thanks.

Yes, you can. But with 5 TV's being hooked to 4 receivers, you should expect to pay some custom labor charges if the installer has to connect the 5th TV up.

I should clarify. I will be getting a total of 5 receivers. 4 standard and 1 hd dvr. One of the standard receivers will be hooked up to my computer which is a htpc (sage) that I currently am using with cable.

If and when I decide to return one of the receivers will it restart my 2 year commitment and will it affect all the discounts that I am getting (ie, $20 off for 12 months, $10 AAA discount, etc.)?

adding a standard receiver will restart any contract and go one year, unless your still in year one of two years.

They may charge $49 to add it later, versus the lease fee costing you $60 the first year. Its kinda a wash.

D* changed the prices for adding basic receivers. It went from $49.99 to $69.99 so a 1 year of paying $4.99 x 12 months is cheaper.

how about removing a receiver. will it restart the contract and will i lose my promotional pricing?

how about removing a receiver. will it restart the contract and will i lose my promotional pricing?
Removing a receiver will only reduce your bill by $4.99 lease fee, no other changes. Adding that removed receiver back at a later date will start a new commitment.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts