Renewing - Need suggestions!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Figured as much Hutch.....just kinda thinking out loud :)

OurCostco DirecTV rep told me that he was advised that existing customer discounts will be significantly increased after January 1st. Not sure what that means, but I'll take any discount they wanna give me :)

Oh, for an update, I called DTV back to punch in my pin for the 'deal' and.......viola.....it didn't work! LOL! So, I got some dude who happened to be really impressed with my 'awesome' payment history and blah blah blah....(I mean, I am on auto-pay...hard to be late with that option). Anyhoo, he racked up several discounts for me in ADDITION to the FFL HD discount ($10) I secured via the Costco VIP support. So, I downgraded to Choice Extra and got HBO, Starz/Encore & Showtime for $37/month along with a $6.50/mth discount for 12 months, 2-$5/mth ($10 ttl) discounts for 6 months, along with a $10/mth for 12 months base programming discount.

Man, talk about your discount fever! He pitched me a Centurylink offer that I initially thought would compete (speed and fee wise) with my existing Cox HSI but turns out Cox reduced my bill AND locked me in for 2 years.....so no rate hikes!

Guess the customer service roulette wheel landed on my block :)

Thanks for all y'all's suggestions!

Great to hear !

If you are very very nice you can get them to credit out the $50 for the Genie AND give you a "programming discount" that will more than cover the $49 installation fee. When I renewed I just wanted to upgrade one of my HR24s to a Genie. No C31s, no Sunday Ticket. All I was asking for was an upgrade to one receiver. The CSR had a supervisor approve the one time credit of that remaining $50 for the Genie and then he found a programming promo that gives me $10 off a month FOR TWO YEARS to cover the installation fee.

So not only did I get a Genie for free, I MADE about $190 over the next 2 years. :) I'm pretty happy with the way I was treated.

THEN... a few weeks later (I must have the gift of gab or something) I called support to help me with a nagging little networking issue. I was very polite, did some homework so I knew what I was talking about, and nailed down an exact way to replicate the issue and ended up with the issue solved and the guy on the other end hooked me up with Starz and Encore for 6 months. :) (Coulda had HBO and Cinemax instead...my choice)

Overall I think DirecTV is very willing to work with customers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.