"Renter" left, active directv account

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
We have an employee that we were letting live in one of our properties as part of his compensation.

Apparently this weekend he quit, moved all of his stuff out, but left his directv equipment.

So, should I get the cards, call them and let them know what happened so they can get their equipment?

Or will they just cut it off and take it at a loss?

Last edited:
Well I called them. They informed me that his account is in collection, but when I mentioned getting their equipment back to them they asked me if I could contact the former employee and did not seem as concerned about me sending it back.

Guess I will just put it in the closet or use it as a doorstop unless they change their minds.

hmm, sounds more aand more like dtv doesn't want older boxes back. i'm sure they would take a genie but the others.

Doesn't matter they are both leased. Basically it is the account holders responsibility to return them I don't think dtv can send the recovery kits to someone else for an account in collections.

Lazy and probably too much paperwork for a front line csr. If the account was already sent to collections, then they have included the equipment cost and written it off with the collection effort.

Reactions: Broe67
What kind of Genie & what kind of clients? Maybe a HR34 Genie & C31 clients?
Hmm, I didnt pay attention. If it were a 34 id be kind of surprised, as I used a referral on this guy, and at the time I had a 44. Since he was a new install after mine, Id assume that he got the newer equipment as well.
Of course, they were just coming out at the time, so they may have had alot of 34 in stock.

Doesn't matter they are both leased. Basically it is the account holders responsibility to return them I don't think dtv can send the recovery kits to someone else for an account in collections.
Thats what they told me in a nutshell.
I told the nice lady that I was just doing a courtesy call, and it did not matter to me personally what they did with them.

She said thanks, and if you see the customer, please have him call us.

Hmm, I didnt pay attention. If it were a 34 id be kind of surprised, as I used a referral on this guy, and at the time I had a 44. Since he was a new install after mine, Id assume that he got the newer equipment as well.
Of course, they were just coming out at the time, so they may have had alot of 34 in stock.
Also asking if the clients were the original C31 clients instead of the newer C41 clients?

would it make a difference if the clients were 31's instead of 41's? i definitely believe dtv would want a 44 and 41 back but still surprised they would want a 34 or 31.

Thats what they told me in a nutshell.
I told the nice lady that I was just doing a courtesy call, and it did not matter to me personally what they did with them.

She said thanks, and if you see the customer, please have him call us.
That is like telling a business owner that if they see the person that robbed the business, to call them. Sounds like DirecTV is either getting lazy, or figures there is no cost in recovering equipment these days.

They don't want anyone except the account holder to return them for legal reasons....

They don't want anyone except the account holder to return them for legal reasons....
It should not matter. The residence is the OP's. DirecTV should accept them from the landlord, if the renter moves out. It is nothing but Call Center Politics. Plain & Simple.

If it was a MDU account then it can be returned by someone else, Any other way it has to be returned by the account holder. Unless the account holder authorize for someone else do it.

Personally I think it's stupid, that's like saying here's a stolen loaded gun, and calls the police, and they said call the suspect to return it to us, a bit exaggerated I know but that's what it seems like.

Reactions: Broe67
The problem is that the account holder like most that know they owe money to a provider. Leave the equipment, or dump it into the trash. In turn, the rest of us have to eat the costs in our bills.

you can bet DTV's legal dept has looked at all the angles on having someone else return the equipment and it is just easier to not let a 3rd party handle it without the end customer approval. the OP can say he returned it, DTV not get it for whatever reason and the end customer claims it was taken without his permission and therefore he cannot be held liable for the no return fee. the world is run by lawyers, nothing makes sense but that is what happens when they control the actions of companies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)