RENTING MOVIES TO DVR

sundaddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
As far as Dish Online...If I have a movie in my BlockBuster movie queue, can I still rent movies to my DVR without paying anything extra? If so what's the limit? Thanks, Confused

Are you referring to Pay Per View movies? If you are, the answer is no. Only the titles available in the "Blockbuster Movie Pass/Dish Platinum" menu in the receiver are included with your subscription to BBMP.

Example: If you have Captain America in you Blockbuster by mail queue, you can not also order Captain America on PPV, and get it for free (well, you can, but you would have to pay for the PPV)

No, in Dish Online, it has an option to "rent to DVR" in the On Demand section. Is there any limit to how many of these we can get, and does it conflict with the BBMP queue movies? I guess it's 2 different things all together.

No, in Dish Online, it has an option to "rent to DVR" in the On Demand section. Is there any limit to how many of these we can get, and does it conflict with the BBMP queue movies? I guess it's 2 different things all together.

They are separate, so they do not affect your queue, and you would need to pay for anything that has a price in there

When I go to My Movies & download a movie, where it stored?

For example, after I select a movie & select Watch, the screen states I can watch it in 1hr 45mins. So it must be downloading to the DVR. Yet when I go to watch a message comes up saying it will begin playing shortly. It’s not a long delay, but it reminds me of streaming Netflix. And when I delete the movie there is no increase in HDD recording capacity, at least there did not appear to be. If was never on the HDD where was it?

When I first started looking at My Movies a couple weeks ago the system response time was very slow. IOW you go to page down & nothing happens. Is this typical?

Last night I tried to see what was a available but I could not get anywhere. I kept getting the message that nothing was selected. But there never anything to select from, not even New Releases. Was the system down?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)