This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Repaint BBD???

I am a rebel. I use gloss on my meshes. Never had an issue.

Reactions: gtaloverone
I painted my 10ft KTI yesterday when I installed my new pole. Flat black Tremclad with a fluffy roller on a pole. A very few number of my mesh holes filled in with paint, but don't care. It looks new.

I re-meshed about 60% of my 10ft dish (bare metal mesh first primed) and resprayed the whole thing using an exterior semi-gloss enamel. For touch-ups we did use Rustoleum High Heat which was near perfect color match. Very pleased with the results, see pictures in link above.

Hello all,

Is it OK to repaint a 35 year old mesh BBD??? Will repaint cause ANY loss of signal? Spray paint or brush paint? Ideas??Thanks for all the input guys

Spray paint is fine, just use a muted 'flat' type paint, Do NOT use a GLOSS type paint.
Thanks for your input. I painted it white last Saturday. It turned out to be my MASTERPIECE. Beautiful. Much better than expected.

I painted my 10ft KTI yesterday when I installed my new pole. Flat black Tremclad with a fluffy roller on a pole. A very few number of my mesh holes filled in with paint, but don't care. It looks new.
Thanks for your input. I painted it white last Saturday. It turned out to be my MASTERPIECE. Beautiful. It turned out MUCH BETTER than expected.

Reactions: pacificrim
That came out pretty good. I rattle canned my 1m fiberglass Hughes net dish gloss white but it’s pretty splotchy. Maybe I’ll brush it next time. I might repaint the BUD sometime, but that’s a big job. It may get power washed before the button hook goes on

Thanks mr_rye89.

Good luck on your BUD (BBD) repaint if you decide to do it.

It's got to be better than bare metal, and I'd think it could make a big difference, depending on how thick a coat you put on. I don't see any reason it would attenuate the signal more than a thick powder coat of paint.