Repaint BBD???

I painted my 10ft KTI yesterday when I installed my new pole. Flat black Tremclad with a fluffy roller on a pole. A very few number of my mesh holes filled in with paint, but don't care. It looks new.

Reactions: gtaloverone

I re-meshed about 60% of my 10ft dish (bare metal mesh first primed) and resprayed the whole thing using an exterior semi-gloss enamel. For touch-ups we did use Rustoleum High Heat which was near perfect color match. Very pleased with the results, see pictures in link above.

Hello all,

Is it OK to repaint a 35 year old mesh BBD??? Will repaint cause ANY loss of signal? Spray paint or brush paint? Ideas??Thanks for all the input guys

Spray paint is fine, just use a muted 'flat' type paint, Do NOT use a GLOSS type paint.
Thanks for your input. I painted it white last Saturday. It turned out to be my MASTERPIECE. Beautiful. Much better than expected.

I painted my 10ft KTI yesterday when I installed my new pole. Flat black Tremclad with a fluffy roller on a pole. A very few number of my mesh holes filled in with paint, but don't care. It looks new.
Thanks for your input. I painted it white last Saturday. It turned out to be my MASTERPIECE. Beautiful. It turned out MUCH BETTER than expected.

Reactions: pacificrim
So, where's the photo? We like to see that sort of thing. lol.

So, where's the photo? We like to see that sort of thing. lol.

Here's my "MASTERPIECE
20210421_131037.jpg
20210421_131024.jpg
20210421_130837.jpg
20210421_130823.jpg
20210421_130803.jpg
"
20210421_131037.jpg
20210421_131024.jpg

That came out pretty good. I rattle canned my 1m fiberglass Hughes net dish gloss white but it’s pretty splotchy. Maybe I’ll brush it next time. I might repaint the BUD sometime, but that’s a big job. It may get power washed before the button hook goes on

That came out pretty good. I rattle canned my 1m fiberglass Hughes net dish gloss white but it’s pretty splotchy. Maybe I’ll brush it next time. I might repaint the BUD sometime, but that’s a big job. It may get power washed before the button hook goes on

Thanks mr_rye89.

Good luck on your BUD (BBD) repaint if you decide to do it.

Hmm, I wonder how effective that would be? Sounds like a nice idea to try assuming that it doesn't significantly attenuate the signal. I wonder how much would be needed to coat a 12 footer? I better find out soon since hail season will soon be upon us.
It's got to be better than bare metal, and I'd think it could make a big difference, depending on how thick a coat you put on. I don't see any reason it would attenuate the signal more than a thick powder coat of paint.