Time to repaint the bargain 6ft dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
My bargain 6 ft dish is beginning to show some paint blistering and rust spots on the front panels as well as the edges. I know that some of the members have painted theirs bargain dishes. I am asking for some input and advice on what is the best type of paint to use, glossy, flat...... and did anyone happen to prime their dish before painting it..... and mainly, if any particular color makes a difference for obtaining a better satellite signal.

Thanking You
avenger

I lightly sanded the bad spots and took a Scotch-brite Pad over the whole Dish face. Then I shot it with a Primer and sprayed several coats of Rustoleum Satin Black. As a added measure, I used several cans of Spray-On "Rubberized Undercoating" on the Back of the Dish as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0192 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_0192 (600 x 450).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
My bargain 6 ft dish is beginning to show some paint blistering and rust spots on the front panels as well as the edges. I know that some of the members have painted theirs bargain dishes. I am asking for some input and advice on what is the best type of paint to use, glossy, flat...... and did anyone happen to prime their dish before painting it..... and mainly, if any particular color makes a difference for obtaining a better satellite signal.

Thanking You
avenger

Hey Bro! You ever get it aimed right? Ordered a new receiver yet?

Thanks brentb636 and dougruss, for the reply. I guess that I should have taken care of that minor problem sooner. A couple of coat of primer plus some coats of flat paint sounds like the ticket.

Nice to hear from you, you old stogie5150. stogie, I am thinking of buying a Openbox S9. Once I get the new box, and paint the dish I will consentrate on better aiming the dish. As you know we had a few days with very strong winds, and it looks like the dish moved a bit. I am still having some issues on following the proper arc, but I am happy with what I am receiving. When it gets a little warmer I will be out there doing some refining adjustments.

Solid dish, I guess, since I didn't see a picture ( my firefox has taken to blocking all photos lately on this website, for some reason, lol ) Remove rust, prime, spray awaay! I like the flat camo paints too, easy to put on and like brent said, you can get creative. You don't want gloss paint or bright colors reflecting all that sun back to your lnb, pays to be drab.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)