repairing Hughes DirecTiVo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darren_s

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Tennessee
I have an old Hughes SD DirecTiVo. 99% sure the hard drive failed on it. Is it worth fixing? How do I go about it? Isn't there someplace I can send it to to get it repaired?

Sorry to be asking dumb questions. I haven't kept up with any of this stuff for several years now.

It uses a regular sata or esata drive, so you could just get a 80gig or better and replace, it should reformat the drive and install what it needs.

You will need some TORX bits and a phillips driver, once you pull it out you will find out the type of drive, not hard at all to do. Pop a 320g in there and never run out of space :D

With that DVR, you would need a hard drive which is already set up for Tivo (the Directv non-Tivos will format themselves). Weaknees has replacement drives, but you might get a new non-Tivo DVR from Directv for less.

I have an old Hughes SD DirecTiVo. 99% sure the hard drive failed on it. Is it worth fixing? How do I go about it? Isn't there someplace I can send it to to get it repaired?

Sorry to be asking dumb questions. I haven't kept up with any of this stuff for several years now.

If you feel like taking out the hard drive, and replacing it, here is the "How To" guide, it tells you what you need, plus how to do it.

Link

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts