Replace Joey with another H3

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
If I have a configuration made up of a H3 and a couple of Joeys, can i replace one of the Joeys with another H3 by changing the solo node to a duo node?

If I have a configuration made up of a H3 and a couple of Joeys, can i replace one of the Joeys with another H3 by changing the solo node to a duo node?
You also need to provide a second satellite feed to the duo node. If you are using a normal Hybrid LNB this will not work, even if you connect its second port to the duo node it is only capable of providing signal to one port. A DPH42 switch will give you two hybrid satellite feeds to work with, but will need to be fed by either a DPP WA LNBF or a DPH/DPP EA LNBF.

You also must buy that second H3 (not cheap $300) and probably pay for the tech visit to set it up. Plus that second H3 has an additional $15 programming fee that comes with it.

The cost of the H3 and if necessary paying a tech isn't an issue. The primary issue would be a need for another feed from the LNB because the cables are buried. I was hoping I could avoid having to run another feed.