Replacement remote

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
If I order a replacement remote through Dish, which remote will I get? Dish's website is a little vague as to which exact remote I would get.

I want a new remote that will work with my Bluray player so I don't have to keep two remotes around. I have a 5.3 IR remote now but none of the VCR codes work. I saw the following remote on the Dishstore website and saw it had a learning feature. I figured that I could use the learning feature if none of the codes work.
https://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=264

Well, the dishstore is $29.99 but Dish is only $20 for their replacement remote. I am just curious if I would be getting the exact same remote if I ordered through Dish?

Note, I need this for use with my 722 (not 722k) receiver.

Raymond, I believe it is the 21.0 remote? Does this work with a 722? Is this a learning remote? Does it support UHF or IR mode? Would this remote be only $20? If so, then I want it.

Yes the 21.0 is the replacement remote for all ViP receivers. It is a learning remote, and can do UHF and IR. It would be $20 plus $15 for shipping if you don't have the Protection Plan. Just PM your account number and I can get this ordered for you.

RaymondG@Dish Network said:
Yes the 21.0 is the replacement remote for all ViP receivers. It is a learning remote, and can do UHF and IR. It would be $20 plus $15 for shipping if you don't have the Protection Plan. Just PM your account number and I can get this ordered for you.

I ordered one and it is a 21.1 , I got it for a 922 so I could use my 32.0 remote for tv2. The 21.1 did not work with my 922. So I swapped it with a 21.0 that is on my 722. Both work fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)