Replacing DVR Procedure?

I have replaced one of my 722k's many times sometimes the restore works sometimes it doesn't. The problem is you only get one shot at it. And from the sounds of it you are beyond that. But, when I have gotten it to work this is what I have done. 1. I only use the remote which is IR only, then 2. press and hold the the"0" button until wizard comes up and follow the instructions. 3. when the receiver is up and running take the same remote and press & hold the "0" button again. Read very carefully the instruction because if you choose the wrong thing you are SOL! I just don't remember the exact proceeder to use at this point but I do know the correct instructions are on the screen and you need to read them. Don't think about it to much just follow the instructions. If you call you will find they don't know anything about this procedure and will tell you there is no such thing as restore. They keep thinking you are trying to transfer movies back to your hard drive. The times it has worked for me it has been great and restores everything, setting and timers. I don't know why Dish doesn't refine this a bit given the ongoing problem with all their receivers and frequent replacement.
I just found two instructions for backing up and restoring from the remote"

http://www.mydish.com/support/back-up-receiver-222k-722k
http://www.mydish.com/support/restore-receiver-settings-222k-722k

Michael

Last edited:
Those are the 2 links that I used for instructions.

Setting the timers for current programs is not a problem. It's the shows that have had season finales & won't return till the fall that are a problem. There's nothing to set a timer on. Some have reruns & I used those & selected New episodes which got them onto the timer list. I just have to make sure I catch the others when/if they come back.

Just replaced a 622 with a dying hard drive yesterday.I just followed the on screen prompts-never had to call dish or go online.On the other hand the 622 is connected to my router via ethernet.The included instructions tell you what order to hook up the cables(not sure it really matters as long as power is last).The same paper has the shipping instructions.All in all pretty painless-so far.

The only sheet of instructions I got says in big bold letters at the top "Accessory Return Instructions".

I am connected to the Internet but I got an error message stating I had to call Dish which I did.

I just wish I could have restored all my timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)