replacing HR10 ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
I currently have a HR10-250, a HR20-700 and a standard DVR. I recommitted to two years about a year ago. I want to switch my HR10 to a HR20, what are my chances of getting one for free ? or at a greatly reduced price ? My HR10 is starting to flake out on me. When changing channels on the HR10, it goes black and white from anywhere of 5 - 30 seconds. Not that big of a deal since it eventually goes back to color operation, but I do have the protection plan and was wondering if I call about getting a replacement receiver if they will send me a HR10 (if they even have any?) or if they would send me a HR20 ? I wasnt too concerned about it, but since the rumors of new HD channels comming, I want to get another HR20 so I can get them. Any thoughts ?

I currently have a HR10-250, a HR20-700 and a standard DVR. I recommitted to two years about a year ago. I want to switch my HR10 to a HR20, what are my chances of getting one for free ? or at a greatly reduced price ? My HR10 is starting to flake out on me. When changing channels on the HR10, it goes black and white from anywhere of 5 - 30 seconds. Not that big of a deal since it eventually goes back to color operation, but I do have the protection plan and was wondering if I call about getting a replacement receiver if they will send me a HR10 (if they even have any?) or if they would send me a HR20 ? I wasnt too concerned about it, but since the rumors of new HD channels comming, I want to get another HR20 so I can get them. Any thoughts ?

Hello,
call directv and tell them of your issues with the 10-250 they will replace it for sure especially since you have the protection plan. I called and just told them i wanted the new dvr and they replaced a 10-250 for no charge. and i didnt need to send my old tivo back. actually sold it here just last week.
good luck

O>K> I called Directv today and the Tech support agent told me they should send a HR20 as a replacement. He said I should have been notified before about replaceing, since the new HD channels are comming online. I hope they will send a HR20, we will see wednesday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)