replacing HR10 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
I currently have a HR10-250, a HR20-700 and a standard DVR. I recommitted to two years about a year ago. I want to switch my HR10 to a HR20, what are my chances of getting one for free ? or at a greatly reduced price ? My HR10 is starting to flake out on me. When changing channels on the HR10, it goes black and white from anywhere of 5 - 30 seconds. Not that big of a deal since it eventually goes back to color operation, but I do have the protection plan and was wondering if I call about getting a replacement receiver if they will send me a HR10 (if they even have any?) or if they would send me a HR20 ? I wasnt too concerned about it, but since the rumors of new HD channels comming, I want to get another HR20 so I can get them. Any thoughts ?

I currently have a HR10-250, a HR20-700 and a standard DVR. I recommitted to two years about a year ago. I want to switch my HR10 to a HR20, what are my chances of getting one for free ? or at a greatly reduced price ? My HR10 is starting to flake out on me. When changing channels on the HR10, it goes black and white from anywhere of 5 - 30 seconds. Not that big of a deal since it eventually goes back to color operation, but I do have the protection plan and was wondering if I call about getting a replacement receiver if they will send me a HR10 (if they even have any?) or if they would send me a HR20 ? I wasnt too concerned about it, but since the rumors of new HD channels comming, I want to get another HR20 so I can get them. Any thoughts ?

Hello,
call directv and tell them of your issues with the 10-250 they will replace it for sure especially since you have the protection plan. I called and just told them i wanted the new dvr and they replaced a 10-250 for no charge. and i didnt need to send my old tivo back. actually sold it here just last week.
good luck

O>K> I called Directv today and the Tech support agent told me they should send a HR20 as a replacement. He said I should have been notified before about replaceing, since the new HD channels are comming online. I hope they will send a HR20, we will see wednesday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)