This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Replacing LNB throat size

Status
Please reply by conversation.

godfather818

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Hey guys thanks to your help I decided to replace my single LNB with dual to get 2 receivers. I have a Directv 36"(oval) world direct dish. Can anyone please tell me what throat size LNB would be compatible with that dish. Thanks

if you have a picture of what your currently using might help

some do ok with just replacing it with a regular lnbf

but some of these dishes have their own feedhorn and you would loose a bit of signal replacing it with a regular lnbf . if it has a feedhorn matched to the dish then you would gain the best signal using one that will adapt up to that feedhorn

Thanks a lot guys. Iceberg which dual LNB would you recommend to replace on my DTV 36" international dish to get 97w. What brand? type? thanks

Iceberg I think its a 28 mm or 30 throat not 40. Because when I bought the dtv 36 world direct dish It came with Eagle Aspen DTV32+ which I dont use, and I researched on that lnb and it has 30 mm. I am not sure if a 40 mm will fit.

I have worked on a D* International dish with a C-120 flanged LNB for Ku reception and a standard D* DBS LNBF for 101w. It is possible that his D* International dish is of this type. Godfather818, can you post a close up picture of your LNB assembly?

Status
Please reply by conversation.