Replacing LNB throat size

Status
Please reply by conversation.

godfather818

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Hey guys thanks to your help I decided to replace my single LNB with dual to get 2 receivers. I have a Directv 36"(oval) world direct dish. Can anyone please tell me what throat size LNB would be compatible with that dish. Thanks

if you have a picture of what your currently using might help

some do ok with just replacing it with a regular lnbf

but some of these dishes have their own feedhorn and you would loose a bit of signal replacing it with a regular lnbf . if it has a feedhorn matched to the dish then you would gain the best signal using one that will adapt up to that feedhorn

Thanks a lot guys. Iceberg which dual LNB would you recommend to replace on my DTV 36" international dish to get 97w. What brand? type? thanks

Iceberg I think its a 28 mm or 30 throat not 40. Because when I bought the dtv 36 world direct dish It came with Eagle Aspen DTV32+ which I dont use, and I researched on that lnb and it has 30 mm. I am not sure if a 40 mm will fit.

I have worked on a D* International dish with a C-120 flanged LNB for Ku reception and a standard D* DBS LNBF for 101w. It is possible that his D* International dish is of this type. Godfather818, can you post a close up picture of your LNB assembly?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts