Please reply by conversation.

xilbus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 13, 2010
Ottawa Ont
Hi guys,

Is there a trick to removing the tube?
ive been trying to loosen the hex screw with the correct allen key and i just cant get it to move. Do you need to hit it with a hammer 1st lol ?

Hi guys,

Is there a trick to removing the tube?
ive been trying to loosen the hex screw with the correct allen key and i just cant get it to move. Do you need to hit it with a hammer 1st lol ?

Put an extension bar or closed end wrench over the allen wrench to use as a pry bar to give you more leverage, it shouldn't be that hard

Take the motor over to your favorite auto mechanic and have him loan you a socket style hex bit that fits on a ratchet handle, or have him take a second and loosen it for you. If you can't borrow one than run over to NAPA or whatever and buy a cheap one. You will need it again probably. When you reinstall the tube you will want that bolt VERY tight.

Thanks guys,

finally got it with few light taps with a hammer on the allen key. But now my question is My motor is a moteck do all replacement tubed fit all sg2100 ? like if i got a 50mm replacement tube for dms sg2100 will it fit on a moteck sg2100?
my motor stoped working since the tube switch

well its been raining hard since i changed the tube and quickly put the geosatpro up so i havent been out for long . From the receiver the motor doesnt seem to turn but i quickly went out and the motor turns if i push the manual button. Have you guys seen this before ?
im using a S9 openbox.

Does the motor LED light flash when you issue a motor move command from the receiver? If so, the motor is receiving the commands, but not responding. Could be a lose internal connection or could have cracked the board with a hammer shock.

If no LED flash on the motor, reset the receiver and re-enter USALS or issue DiSEqC commands. If still no LED flash, could be a corroded fitting or damaged coax.

You could run a temp coax cable from the motor to the receiver, haul the motor to the receiver or the receiver out to the motor and use a short jumper to verify if it is a bad cable run.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)